yolosmoothie

Free will and discipline

5 posts in this topic

I am interested in hearing your views on freewill and discipline. I assume that there is no free will since there is actually no limited "self" there to make choices. If there is no "self" that makes decisions, then how can one decide to become more disciplined? From my current reasoning it seems like all behavior is determined by our experiences and genes, rather than an entity that is making decisions. Since, I have limited personal experience with "no self" (a few 5meo-dmt sessions), my assumptions are mostly based on thinking, rather than subjective experience.

@yolosmoothie Will is all there is. That's why finding it is so tricky.

It can seem as if all of this is happening on its own to you. Or it can seem like you are happening in all of it.

The idea or experience of "no free will" is being created by sheer will.

If you are interested in the Topic:  Free Will. I would recommend the book "Confusion No more" by Ramesh S. Balsekar.
Pretty much you have Free Will, but its "worthless" because you have no power over the outcome of decisions, as well as no power of your options for decisions that mostly come as thoughts.

If you have free will

18 minutes ago, Amin03 said:

you have Free Will

But you 

18 minutes ago, Amin03 said:

have no power over the outcome of decisions, as well as no power of your options for decisions

Than how do you have free will?

@IJB063 Read the book its really good. Like I understood it the person has the feeling of free will in the moment, but you have to be aware that everything happens according to the cosmic law/gods will and that there really is no doer of things. The concept reduces guilt of actions and hatred but is still a concept. So yeah in a sense there is no free will

Edited by Amin03