Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patrick Lynam

100's of psychedelic trips

4 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me understand what its like tripping after like a 100 trips? ive only tripped like 5 times with lsd and whilst on it was like wow people like ram dass have taken this like 300+ times. i have also read people on here say that you have to trip at least 100 times before you start to understand it and be able to integrate properly. Also curious as to how this fits in with people like terence mckenna who say to take large doses rarely.  or like osho who says that his people find that drugs bring them down. 

Is it that people just dont do them enough ? i felt that if i did take like 50- 100 trips on acid it would change my life. however the only time i have heard this recommended is by leo and people on this forum. i . could see that many people would stop tripping way before 50- 100 trips. but i could also imagine that if you were somehow forced to do so u would be of such a different order of consciousness that i could see how people become monks and give up material life. 

@Dand very interesting! thank you for the response very helpful! 

Can i ask what responsibilities you found yourself needing to take on?

this seems to be what drives my fear for tripping more, because i live with my parents i found out that i really need to move out and that allot of my problems stem from my parents who are fairly low consciousness and its like going against the grain and is just too much work

I have 200+ experiences with various psychedelics.

And for me it was true, I needed about 50-100 trips before I slowly starting to get it. The trips still change you even if you dont really get it and do it in a proper way but its only the tip of the iceberg.

The hard thing after a while is to keep going in after your last trip mindfucked you so hard that you forgot what you are. Your ego will come up with all sorts of excuses to not trip again.

If you want to go deep you need to adjust your whole live to this.

8 hours ago, Dand said:

It honestly really depends how you trip. I've had 100+ psychedelic trips on 10+ psychedelics (traditional and non-traditional) and met people who have had 300+ trips with many many heroic doses and even more types of psychedelics. I'm talking 1000ug+ of acid, 7g+ of shrooms, smoking DMT AND SALVIA together. Trying 2C-B, 2C-C, 2C-D, 2C-E, etc.

These people would only do this at parties not to explore their minds but for fun (somehow) and even though they're amazing humans, they're not even spiritual and think people who take spiritual beliefs from psychedelics are just deluding themselves because 'it's all an experience in the brain' and 'it's all a hallucination'.

I spend most of my trips alone in my room, I have also tripped at festivals, with friends in a forest, with girlfriends and each gives you their own perspective but tripping alone was what really allowed me to go deep into my trips. When with others, every single thought you have is influenced by that and so you're constantly distracted by what's really going on. Even if you take meditation pauses (which I often would with friends) I noticed my thoughts would still be influenced by their presence. I would only have a couple of minutes before a new conversation began.

When you've got an 8 hour acid trip alone, it's much much different, easily worth 10+ trips with people. When you've had 50+ of them, it's beyond life-changing. I've single-handedly cured most of my addictions (sugar, video games, TV, other drugs, etc), I've overhauled my entire personality to align more with Truth, cured my crippling social anxiety and become one of the most confident people I know and that's just the start. I feel like I'm genuinely on heroin 24/7 because I feel so at peace and in love with reality. I do feel down occasionally, I would say about once a month on average.

The kicker is integration, when you trip this much properly, you are shown Truth's that come with a responsibility. If you keep tripping without upholding that responsibility, the trips tend to start going south. I personally have 2 reasons for not tripping, a lack of time, and fear. When I see people give reasons for not tripping or tripping more often, I've yet to see how it doesn't fall into these 2 categories, despite the fact that they'll say otherwise.

agree!

9 hours ago, Patrick Lynam said:

Can anyone help me understand what its like tripping after like a 100 trips? ive only tripped like 5 times with lsd and whilst on it was like wow people like ram dass have taken this like 300+ times.

You are asking for actualization of that which is unactualized. If I ask someone to help me understand the direct experience of "fligev", it would be very difficult because I haven't yet realized the direct experience of "fligev". What they describe has been contextualized through a filter and would not be "fligev" itself. It is a contextualized image. As well the person receiving has their own filter of contextualization. If I told you what 100+ trips is like, I would need to create a story what it is like (filter # 1) and then you would interpret this and create your won throught story what it is like (filter #2). This is why direct experience is king - there are no filters. 

If I were to explain my own experience as a human, it would be that 100+ trips has dramatically altered my perception and relationship with reality. There is an appearance of awareness transcendent to "me". This opens up a whole new world of trans-personal exploration, yet it comes at a price - the death of identification/attachment to self. This is not what the self desires - the self wants to survive and asks "how could 100+ trips help me?". However, this "me" is surrendered. . . It would be like being afraid of a dangerous snake about to bite you and seeking help from the snake. The health care provider points and says "That's not a snake, that is actually a rope". . . And then the patient asks "Yea but how would that help me from the snake?". . . 1-5 trips can give some glimpses of the actuality of the rope, yet it often doesn't "stick" due to prior conditioning and desire for self survival. Ime, after 50+ trips it began to "stick" even during sober states. This open up a whole new world of exploration "meta" to the self construct. 

From a "trans-personal" perspective, psychedelics are the master exploratory tool, ime. Psychedelics are like an airplane - it is a valuable tool for exploration. Ime, after many trips - the duality between what is "real" and what is "imagined" dissolves. This is a "game-changer" yet the "myself" is no longer the center of The Game.  

Appearances of "the character" may appear and "trans-character" awareness may indirectly "help" the character - yet the character is no longer in charge or center stage. For example, if "me" is an illusory thought story, how could can anyone harm "me"? If I create an imaginary friend called "GabaLuv" and someone rejects "GabaLuv" by saying "GabaLuv is ugly and stupid" would this harm our imaginary friend "GabaLuv"? . . . This realization can indirectly reduce anxiety within the mind and body. If the mind and body is anxious that "I" will be rejected and it is revealed "I" is illusory, there will likely be a reduction of anxiety in the mind and body - not because "I" is becoming empowered. Rather because the illusory nature of "I" is revealed. . . Similarly, if awareness that a snake is actually is rope, anxiety about the snake will decrease. Not because the snake has been subdued. Rather because the snake is revealed to be a rope. . . Yet this can be extremely difficult to realize due to deep attachment/identification to the snake. It can be extraordinarily difficult to let go of and the vast majority of beings will hold tightly to the snake because that means "I" am still in the game.

This is simply my contextualization that will be contextualized by the reader. This is two steps away from the actuality. Other beings will have other contextualizations. There are an infinite number available.