sleeperstakes

How to find meditation teachers near me

4 posts in this topic

Do you guys have any recommendations on how to find "legit" meditation teachers or schools?

I have been meditating for several years now but I have never done so in a group or a formal setting other than my own home. I want to take my practice deeper and I feel that group meditation under supervision/with the feedback of someone more experienced than myself would benefit me. 

Are there any schools that you recommend?

Any I should stay away from?

I'm Located in/near London.

@sleeperstakes

Consider if you might be interested in yoga, energy work, massage, etc and pick meditation places which have those services you’d like to experience. Try three or so places, have fun with the adventure.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

In Northern Ireland there are no good teachers, but then again...lol...i do set my standard pretty fucking high after leo. I duno if its just me but i really dont give much attention to things that arent real and powerful. Like, i went to this Buddhist temple in Belfast and when i asked the main monk if they'd ever had any kind of awakening experience she laughed at me and said "us lay people dont get to experience that". Im just like...mate, why the fuck would you be sitting meditating, with weak ass techniques, for YEARS...knowing that you probably wont get anywhere anyway (ahahha) and not hit it harder. i just think *real* spirituality and power is more rare that what people realize...i consider myself lucky that i came across leo and his material. very fucking lucky

Nahm's response is gold. I personally found a bi-weekly meditation group. The people who organize it aren't exactly my role models, but it feels simply amazing to meditate with other people. best of luck to ya!

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games