DreamScape

Long-term scope of spirituality

8 posts in this topic

So I am pretty young (18). I have been interested in all of this since 14, had the kundalini awaken at 16, and now I am 18. A lot has definitely changed, within me and outside of me, although I know i have a lifetime of spiritual work and work outside of myself.

I am quite unclear about a few things:

1. What is the long term scope this? Meaning, what is it going to look like in 10 years of work. 
  2. How has your relation to reality changed as a result?
  3. What are the biggest milestones that you have had? 
  4. What are the deepest things you have uncovered about yourself along the spiritual path?
  5. What are the most mind-bending experiences/realizations you've had and the siddhis you've developed spontaneously/consciously?
  6. Biggest obstacles (fears, existential resistance) overcome or are facing?

Going into spirituality is like a shot in the dark for me. There is information out there but in my opinion but I feel like I dont really know where I'm going and I cant really visualize my future that clearly.

Please be descriptive

Also I mean for enlightenment + any other "spiritual pursuits" such as: astral projection, Lucid dreaming, channeling, energy work, shamanism, etc. For question #1, 2, 5

Edited by DreamScape

Genesis 27:27-29

@DreamScape

Firstly, be grateful you found the path so young, we are so 'lucky' to have found these teachings at such a young age! 

1) The question is impossible to answer objectively. You could either still be in the same thought loops in 10 years, or could have realized the truth of your own being, and abiding in the peace and happiness that comes with. My advice would be find a teacher/ teachings you resonate deeply with, stick with that and ideally work with a teacher 1-1 or Via Retreats and get what you can from them. But, YOU are always your own Guru so don't give away your power to such teacher! 

Also, THIS is it right now, the realization can only HAPPEN now, you can't plan for it to happen in say 2030 on September 5th at around 5PM, it is always Now and it is always THIS. 

2) In a nutshell, from mild depression and lethargy to Absolute peace and happiness, and complete Love for life and everything about it. I hate saying things like this as it can set up concepts, but it's like being reborn again and life truly begins after awakening. 

3) By 'Milestones' I'm assuming you mean awakenings and experiences, so for me nothing beats realizing the true nature of your own being and abiding as that, and then expressing this in all areas of life. It's basically like it's Christmas every day except you don't need any presents or anything to feel the happiness and peace, as it is inherent in our own being. 

4) That I, You, Everyone, Everything, The World, This Laptop, The coffee cup next to me is ALL The Absolute/Awareness/ Divine and that THIS is it, right here, right now and this very 'world' is The Buddha planet itself. There is nowhere to go or get to, it's THIS as it is, yet even saying that is too much. 

5) Personally, no siddhis, the realization I mentioned above is pretty mind-bending considering I was a hardcore atheist up until a few years ago, I actually remember watching a David Hawkins (I think that's his name) atheism documentary thinking to myself how smart I was realising there was no God. :D:D Who knew hey!

6) Mine were mainly I 'believed' I had to 'deny life' to awaken, and that I couldn't embrace life in all it's glory, and as an Enneagram 7 this scared me a lot! Thankfully, this isn't true and since EVERYTHING is The Self, there's no need to deny anything. 

I also feared I wouldn't be able to function or couldn't earn money or enjoy sports etc 

This is kind of why I recommend working with a teacher 1-1 it can really help overcome your own unique blockages and issues, sometimes the questioner in the Non-Dual videos doesn't have the same issues as you!

Just one final thing, if you're after truth, happiness, peace and love (promise I'm not a hippie) then you're in the right field, have fun!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@DreamScape You won't find any answers here. Turn inward and be patient, these questions will be answered with time and silence. 

@fridjonk hahahhh.. i feared that this would be said.

@LfcCharlie4 thanks for the detailed answers! I've had moments like you describe where I feel as if I'm in paradise, as I'm sitting in my kitchen ? its lovely. 

11 minutes ago, DreamScape said:

hahahhh.. i feared that this would be said.

You feared it because it's TRUE ;)

@DreamScape That's awesome man, keep going!

@fridjonk I do 2nd this, after all, all that matters is 'your own' experiential understanding of this :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

When an experience which was thought to be uncertain is experienced in actuality, the projection of uncertainty appears to become more certainty, within you / of you. Certainty can only be found from uncertainty, but it can be found for certain, and uncertainty becomes the true gift of experience. There’s a little tiny yin in every yang. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm interesting.. not sure completely what that means but I'll keep it in mind & contemplate it a bit.