Bazooka Jesus

A joke that my dad loved to tell...

6 posts in this topic

My father used to be a catholic priest before he married, believe it or not. This was one of his favorite jokes:

A priest is sitting on a bench. He has his eyes closed and his hands folded in silent prayer, and he is puffing away on a cigarette. A man walks by. "What!" exclaims the man, "you smoke while you are praying?!" The priest solemnly openes his eyes and smiles at him. "No, my good sir", he says, "as a matter of fact, I don’t smoke while I am praying... I pray while I am smoking."

Don’t know about you guys, but I feel that there is a great truth about spirituality lurking somewhere in those lines. :D

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

I heard a good one the other day.

Someone on the spiritual path is driving a car, with an enlightened Buddha in the passenger seat. A car pulls out in front of them, almost clipping the car. The spiritual seeker takes a deep breath and contains their frustration. The Buddha leans over and honks the horn. The seeker asks, "why did you do that?". The Buddha replies, "That's what you do when someone is being an asshole."

xD

59 minutes ago, PlayOnWords said:

I heard a good one the other day.

Someone on the spiritual path is driving a car, with an enlightened Buddha in the passenger seat. A car pulls out in front of them, almost clipping the car. The spiritual seeker takes a deep breath and contains their frustration. The Buddha leans over and honks the horn. The seeker asks, "why did you do that?". The Buddha replies, "That's what you do when someone is being an asshole."

xD

Matt Kahn! I remember that one! xD

@Bazooka Jesus xD Love it. 

Funny how in an overworked materialistic society we came up with an expensive cancer-causing addictive excuse for people to get a break and experience the benefits of conscious breathing and meditation. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw Heh, that’s true!

I like the joke because it is at once a hilarious comment on spiritual hypocrisy as well as a great example of how incredibly powerful a simple change of perspective can be.

Why so serious?