Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Annoynymous

Pete Buttigieg is not as Moderate as he seems

5 posts in this topic

According to Vox's recent video, He actually proposed some good progressive policies and has declared to implement those if he becomes the president. As vox is known as "liberal media",  i don't think they are bullshitting about it.  What do you guys think?

He's bought off by a bunch of billionaires. He began supporting more progressive policies. But as he gained more name recognition, he attracted more and more corporate donors. And then, he walked back on all his progressive policies and replaced them with things that sound similar.... like "Medicare for All... Who Want it".

He can't be trusted because he's in the pockets of so many special interests.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

16 hours ago, Emerald said:

He's bought off by a bunch of billionaires. He began supporting more progressive policies. But as he gained more name recognition, he attracted more and more corporate donors. And then, he walked back on all his progressive policies and replaced them with things that sound similar.... like "Medicare for All... Who Want it".

He can't be trusted because he's in the pockets of so many special interests.

I may agree with some of your point but don't forget to remember that pete is not some " evil" guy even if you compare with Bernie. If you look at the video, he actually advocated for some progressive ideas. Don't let "bernie-love" make you forget the fact that, even if it is the fact that Bernie is the most concious,  he is competing with other "democrats". Even if Bernie fails to win the nomination, all the liberals  should rally behind the democratic nominee to defeat trump. So do support bernie but try to see good in other's policies as well.

Edited by Annoynymous

@Annoynymous It's a relative spectrum. Relative to Trump and Bloomberg, yes Pete is liberal.

I would also make a distinction between proposing something and fighting for it. For example, Pete has mentioned a tax on billionaires. Yet this would need a fighter to get through the Senate. Is Pete really going to put all his political capital down in an effort to raise taxes on the wealthy when he is funded by the wealthy? Is Pete going to go into Kentucky and hold rallies against McConnell to raise taxes on the wealthy? I would say, no way. Would Bernie fight that hard to raise taxes on Billionaires? You betcha. He has been doing it his entire life. 

And yes, Pete is much better than Trump and I think voters would support him, if he wins the primary voters. If Bernie wins a plurality of votes and Pete is selected the nominee by the democratic establishment, I think that would fracture and destroy the democratic party, since that move would be anti-democratic. 

@Serotoninluv i have already said, this is relative. In fact,  evrrything is. I just want to make the point that If you want to defeat Trump, no matter who wins the primary, he/she will be needing to bring the whole Democratic supporters and large chunk of independent voters on his/her back. Otherwise, this debate on primay is completely futile. You have to admit that even bernie can not win by just relying on his base. His appeal needs to be more broader than that. There are some alligations that some of bernie's supporter are quie agressive, so this can potentially piss off moderate/independent voters. 

The primary should focus more on rallying against Trump than  vigorously attacking each other. Sometimes it sends wrong message to the voters.

Edited by Annoynymous