SQAAD

God Why Do you allow so much Suffering and Misery? I don't get it

25 posts in this topic

I don't know if my question can be answered in a symbolic way

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD If you put the thoughts aside for a minute...is there any suffering in perception (seeing & hearing), and in sensation (the feeling in the body) ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

14 hours ago, SQAAD said:

If I could talk to God I would ask him why there is so much suffering, misery and pain.                                                                                                                                           I don't understand why there has to be so much fn suffering and it bothers me. 

Fear, mental illness, corruption, Poverty, beheadings etc.   I can suffer tomorrow just because someone harms me. I can be born in an abusive home. Maybe I'm so unlucky that my country is at war.                        It's very difficult for me to accept all the misery and brutality that comes with life.              On the other hand I see the beauty and intelligence behind life.        My problem is that life will never go as I want it to be. Life doesn't care what I want. I'm forced to accept all the BS that I don't like.           I have no say in the matter. I'm like a river with no choices but simply to flow. Wish I had more control. What kind of God am i ???                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               The powerlessness really gets at me sometimes. I'm forced to constantly watch a movie (my life) with no say in the matter. Just an illusion of control. And I have to deal with all the crap the movie throws at me.                      So my conclusion is yes life is beautiful but also really messed up at the same time. Nobody can deny the inherent misery and pain that comes along with life.

Oh how so bitter-sweet life is. 

I know exactly where you're coming from, bro. The powerlessness kills me.

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

@Nahm

43 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@SQAAD If you put the thoughts aside for a minute...is there any suffering in perception (seeing & hearing), and in sensation (the feeling in the body) ?

No, if I  calm my mind then everything is peaceful. But many times my mind gets stuck repeating negative events of life, which create suffering to me as unpleasant feelings in the body.

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD The content of a thought implies a “past”. The actuality however, is there is one thought, arising...now.  Do you recognize this actuality? Do you recognize that “many times” is the content of one arising thought, but the actuality is that it is one arising thought, arising, now ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE