actualized1

"healthy" Mind

18 posts in this topic

hi,

how can I confirm that I am normal? that I have a healthy mind? that I am perceiving reality as as I should?

@actualized1 You're the sperm that won! bitch you won the race!!! .. who governs the law of Normal?

@actualized1

Hi,

Yes, normal is a little bit of a vague term.  But health is something to work with. 

A healthy psyche depends on the degree with which you are aligned with "your"reality. Psychological pain and symptom means that there is some psychological work to do, like learning to emotionally regulate better to let go of past ego defences and learning new ways of coping.

If you're purpose is business, and you are working toward that and making it happen then that's healthy.  Each stage of development has a healthy expression and an unhealthy expression. It's when were against the world, and the world seems alien to us and there is a lot of resistance and reclusion then it can be said there is a problem.  

Mal

On 22/6/2016 at 1:57 PM, Mal said:

@actualized1

Hi,

Yes, normal is a little bit of a vague term.  But health is something to work with. 

A healthy psyche depends on the degree with which you are aligned with "your"reality. Psychological pain and symptom means that there is some psychological work to do, like learning to emotionally regulate better to let go of past ego defences and learning new ways of coping.

If you're purpose is business, and you are working toward that and making it happen then that's healthy.  Each stage of development has a healthy expression and an unhealthy expression. It's when were against the world, and the world seems alien to us and there is a lot of resistance and reclusion then it can be said there is a problem.  

Mal

I feel like I'm not sure that I'm using my brain the right way. As weird as it might sound, I trully feel like this. Not long ago I realized the reality of no self and went through a period of depression and confusion about everything I knew. It's like I don't know how to think, the parts and states of my brain and when I should switch from one to another depending what I'm doing. I don't know how to express myself fully.

On 22/6/2016 at 0:02 PM, Allinthemind said:

What makes you think that you are not normal and not perceiving reality as you should?

One's perception of reality is based on your beliefs.

I feel like I need a manual on how to use my brain

On 6/21/2016 at 1:06 AM, actualized1 said:

hi,

how can I confirm that I am normal? that I have a healthy mind? that I am perceiving reality as as I should?

you can become self realized and then you will know that what you think you know now isnt reality,  i could answer the question about perceiving reality but i had rather you did,  what is reality,  where is reality found, is there a  certain state of being that you must be in to perceive reality?  as of right now how do you know when what you think you know is reality?

4 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

you can become self realized and then you will know that what you think you know now isnt reality,  i could answer the question about perceiving reality but i had rather you did,  what is reality,  where is reality found, is there a  certain state of being that you must be in to perceive reality?  as of right now how do you know when what you think you know is reality?

read my other replies in this post

On 7/2/2016 at 4:22 AM, actualized1 said:

I feel like I'm not sure that I'm using my brain the right way. As weird as it might sound, I trully feel like this. Not long ago I realized the reality of no self and went through a period of depression and confusion about everything I knew. It's like I don't know how to think, the parts and states of my brain and when I should switch from one to another depending what I'm doing. I don't know how to express myself fully.

That's normal. When we accept the idea of no self there's always a shock. That's the ego response to what it was find out.

I would recommend you to take a rest, relax. Go out, have fun and everything will be Ok.

The mind just need to absorb the impact.

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On June 21, 2016 at 1:06 AM, actualized1 said:

hi,

I think that there's a deeper question to ask. The question is "What would be so bad if I weren't normal?" Now, on one hand, mental health is very important. So, if you have a particular reason to ask this other than just a hypothetical fear, then definitely address it. But on the other hand, when I've had this line of thinking in the past, I was worried about being perceived as abnormal. I was worried that others would see me as crazy and weird, and that I'd be some sort of social pariah. So, it was primarily a fear of not being able to fit in or be seen in the light that I'd like to be seen in. Also, fear of missing out on many social benefits because of my abnormality. It has been the source of much social anxiety for me. I think it stemmed from having a mentally challenged sister, and wondering at a young age if she realized... and if she didn't realize, then I could be disillusioned too. So, I always had this background fear. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 02/07/2016 at 9:22 AM, actualized1 said:

It's not abnormal to go through periods of emotional upheaval, depression, rage when waking up.  It can happen suddenly for some people, but most of us have to work at it, and that might mean years of confusion.  The best thing you can do in my opinion is begin to block out the nonsense of others and start turning inward for self support.

Sorry, I didn't understand the nature of your original question, I hadn't realised you had a no self experience. 

@actualized1 How about starting by challenging the way you think. When you tell yourself your not normal, you can't do something, you feel very different to everyone else, like you don't fit in, you don't have the confidence and happiness that everyone else has around you.. 

Ask yourself what is normal anyway? Why do you think you can't do something? what is stopping you? so what if I am different to everyone else, thats what makes me awesome and if other people don't like me.. so what. Their loss. 

I know what it feels like to be the odd one out, to go through depression, being along, hitting rock bottom and feeling like no one cares or understands and you think your mind just has a mind of its own. But you and I both know, you are in control of your mind. It is a decision and a choice you have to choose to challenge the way you have been thinking, challenge yourself in the old habits you have formed into developing new ones that serve you better. Nothing in life easy but it is true what they say, that in the end it will be worth it. 

It took me about 30 years to develop a strong mindset and its an ongoing process but the more I practice what I preach, the stronger my mind becomes when it comes to facing challenging situations. 

Hope this helps a bit. 

On 6/21/2016 at 1:06 AM, actualized1 said:

hi,

you cannot perceive reality as the human identity, normal is to be gullible, ignorant, deceived, brainwashed, naive, fearful trying to cling to anything to have a sense of security even if it is false, imprisoned within the matrix.  The mind is like a garden, it produces according to the work done, if you work with nonsense and false belief, you get more of the same,  in time you will find out that others dont have the answer for you, the real answer lies within your own being, find it.  are you really aware that you are not this body, that the body is just a means of expressing the real source of life that lies within you,  look deep within yourself, contemplate important things, like who am i, how did i get here, how was i created, how do i know what i think i know is real,  what justification do i have for even existing here, am i a prisoner of my own making with a false belief system, am i being programed by everything around me, contemplate these things, and look for the answer within yourself,  that is the only place you will ever get truth and reality from, but not functioning as the human identity and ego. you need a deeper connection with the life force within you, and i am not talking about some fake god or religion here, this is about liberation from suffering under the human identity and ego.

The degree to which you are self-developed, and the degree to which you're emotionally mature is the degree to which you can sit alone in an empty room without external stimulation. If you can't sit in an empty room, that means you don't have mastery over your life; you're a slave to external reality. You can't be satisfied with life if you can't sit in a room alone for a couple of hours without cravings. 

I visited a psychologyst and I was diagnosed with depersonalization disorder.

I am currently working with it, taking medication for it and getting myself back.

Thank you everyone for your replys.

there is no normal, and no confirmation, thats the beauty of it. and if its thoughts of others thinking youre not normal that you are worried about, then fuckem they are going through the same shit, they just go about it differently