Guest SirVladimir

We should utilize DREAMS more.

7 posts in this topic

Can dreams push the boundaries of self-development and states of consciousness? They certainly can.

You don't need to be an astronaut to discover space. Throughout my years, I have been to countless places, and that's talking dreams only. I wish more people would utilize dreaming to its fullest.

Take psychedelics or consciousness altering substances, for example. Now that's metaphorical, but also literal. ^_^ My dreams work like a catalytic cache memory for an experience. I take weed one time, but the experience gets stored and amplified later during a dream. That's where the beautiful part of lucid dreaming comes in, you can trigger it on will. You wouldn't believe how far it can take you.

Here are some journal questions to inspire you, and that I will be working on:

1. What is the connection between shamanic breathing and dreaming? Why are the dreams three times wilder after a session of breathing?
  2. What's the best technique for achieving consistent results?
  3. What's the best dream herb?
  4. How can dreaming be used for productivity, problem solving, and self-actualization?
  5. How come a psychedelic experience of the same magnificence, sometimes even greater, can be triggered inside a dream months after a psychedelic experience?

The answer to the last one, that one I have been grasping slowly. It's because psychedelics don't exist. It's consciousness playing tricks on itself. You now have a direct reference. It's as if the body produced the substance on its own. 

The best part is, dreaming is in direct equation with my life purpose, i.e. exploring. How would you utilize dreaming in today's environment, and inspire people to re-think it as something greater than a brain experience? I'll share my thoughts.

1. Speaking about it loud. Inspiring people to do dream-work as an alternative to their tight schedule. Uncovering the potential to use dreams for yoga, productivity, creativity, standing up to your fears. 
  2. Encouraging people to see for themselves. Building up worlds just to destroy them, expanding the sense of possibilities, and later explaining the meta stuff behind it. How can illusion not be real, or vice versa?   
  3. Finding the most powerful dream herb, or creating a new one to make the process as easy and the least time-consuming as possible.

Internet is the obvious medium. 

And oh, I hope you all dream of an oasis full of mushrooms one day. Mushrooms the size of your hand. That's where the real fun begins. 

Great post!

I also think that dreams have a lot of potential, far more than most lucid dreamers are aware of.

1 hour ago, SirVladimir said:

Why are the dreams three times wilder after a session of breathing?

Are your dreams 3 times wilder after shamanic breathing? That's interesting. Did you do it directly before bed or earlier during the day? How long are your breathing sessions?

1 hour ago, SirVladimir said:

And oh, I hope you all dream of an oasis full of mushrooms one day. Mushrooms the size of your hand. That's where the real fun begins. 

can't wait till I get there :D 

Oh dude, I fell into my sub-conscious during a dream. It was a giant self-organizing library that contained all my knowledge.

I could only get a minute of it ? 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

6 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

Are your dreams 3 times wilder after shamanic breathing? That's interesting. Did you do it directly before bed or earlier during the day? How long are your breathing sessions?

You bet they are. They are also consistently about 90% of the time more brutal, bloody and lower conscious. But they are more vivid. 

My (almost) daily routine is 10-15 minutes. Occasionally, I do one hour sessions. I practice in dark. Always before the bed. When I finish, I just jump in. The Mix I almost ALWAYS use is this one: 

Equally magical is reaching the peak/observing while listening to Loreena McKennitt. Give yourself ten minutes of breathing and right at the end, start listening to this (Beneath a Phrygian Sky): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NlKsRojXrM

@SirVladimir Thanks, I will give it a try. Do you also find a higher chance of getting lucid after the breathing?

On 2/23/2020 at 1:52 PM, SirVladimir said:

dreaming is in direct equation with my life purpose, i.e. exploring.

Have you looked into OBEs? Dreams are a great way to explore your subjective inner worlds but when you visit something like an alien planet then this planet is imagined, but when you visit an alien planet during an OBE, then that planet is real. In this way you can explore our actual physical universe, and more.

When you are already able to lucid dream, then the easiest way to have an OBE probably is to wake yourself up (from a lucid dream) with the intention to not move and stay in sleep paralysis. Or to not completely wake up. And then you can do an exit method like rolling out. But I think you are still likely to find yourself in a dream, but with practice and experience you might eventually land in this physical dimension.

On 2/23/2020 at 1:52 PM, SirVladimir said:

Finding the most powerful dream herb, or creating a new one to make the process as easy and the least time-consuming as possible.

Or developing some technology/device that makes it easier to get lucid.

The InstaDreamer looks like it could work. But judging by the comments on Kickstarter it will take some more months till it will be available for purchase.

Imagine someone invents a device (or finds a herb) that makes you lucid very reliably. That might be huge for humanity. A lot of people will get into LDing because of all the fun stuff like flying or sex. But sooner or later they will notice the potential for personal development, because you can directly interact with your subconscious. In that way, a lot of people would get into personal development, people that don't have the time, interest, or energy to do that in waking life. And once it is better-known in the lucid dreaming community, that you can relatively  easily access (for example with psychedelics) levels of consciousness in dreams which monks work towards for decades, all these people might start getting glimpses of enlightenment and become more spiritual :)

Edit:

And: Some people say that our exponential technological advancements might pose a threat to humanity. The danger is  - so they say - that we connect our minds with the internet. For example Elon Musk's company Neuralink is working on that. When that happens even our thoughts won't be private and will probably be easy to be manipulated. China's current surveillance situation will be a joke in comparison. I guess one of the biggest motives for people to connect to Artificial Intelligence will be a vivid and immersive virtual reality. But if people can easily lucid dream with a technology or herb, then they might decide against that and go for lucid dreaming instead, the natural and much more powerful alternative.

Edited by GreenWoods

2 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

Do you also find a higher chance of getting lucid after the breathing?

I don't have enough data to evaluate that.

Once we find a sustainable way to dream lucidly, that will be huge. I had a couple of OBEs, but I try to stay away from the notion of imaginary/real worlds. I tend to focus on the present. I always used lucid dreams to move myself out, much like a station or a lobby from which I decide. Once you can lucid dream, all it takes is a thought.