Orange

Dont Know How To Accept Reality

35 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Orange said:

@charlie2dogs exactly..maybe this is all imagination and this struggle is useless who knows

i was hoping to get an answer to my three questions, it isnt imagination, and it doesnt have to be a struggle

16 minutes ago, Orange said:

@Mal hahaha :D thanks for the book :)

You're welcome.

Hang in there, yeah?

-Mal

yes @MalI will, thank you.. :)It really helps me, all of what everyone said; its a long road ahead

Edited by Orange

@charlie2dogs, sorry I misinterpreted. .I don't know 

from my experience it feels like struggle at the moment, I really don't see how else it could be, because struggle is what makes you or breaks you no? 

Edited by Orange

1 hour ago, Orange said:

@charlie2dogs, sorry I misinterpreted. .I don't know 

from my experience it feels like struggle at the moment, I really don't see how else it could be, because struggle is what makes you or breaks you no? 

it is a struggle because you function as the human identity, it will always be a struggle, you only know struggle, this happens when you live life as the identity, when life lives you and you function as a higher being, there is no struggle

@Orange  Struggle doesn't exists, you make it real when you get attached to your identity and it's the way nature has to make you grow spiritually. But there's no struggle, we see it as struggle when we are unconscious.

You think that you are the thinker of thoughts. You aren't, thoughts are there and you get attached to them.

The thought that reality is struggle is false, you are getting attached to it. Let it go.

Mindful meditation can be of help, check Leo's videos about mindful meditation and you will live in the now without getting attached to false thoughts, and to the false identity as a result.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

23 hours ago, Orange said:

nice image of the onion btw,  I hope I don't cry too much when this peels off :))

@Orange Oh why my friend, that is the best part.

Cry and peel, cry and peel. 

The feeling of complete surrender, to every moment.

I encourage you to open up your heart and to start feeling more with less thinking, judging, and manipulating.

Be aware of every emotion that arises and passes. 

@Pelin I'm thinking about this now but you said in your reply that i can stop the torture, but what can I do to stop it? Because I am limited in time/money/energy, I wish I could do something for the animals everywhere but I cannot remove all the torture/pain and actually I worked in a dog rescue place before but every time I went back home I felt a deep frustration of not being able to do more for these animals, there will always be the one left behind. And I think people working in hospitals or post-natural disaster facilities where everyone is suffering and everyone in need of medical care at the same time must feel the same as the feeling I felt; that they cannot save everyone. I read everyone's reply here on how I should look inward to come to terms with reality and the reality that I cannot save all the animals (yea yea I know it sounds super childish but secretly I just wished it was possible). I'm going to be seriously meditating and do some inward looking but secretly when I reread your answer I thought, is it maybe possible to completely eradicate pain for animals?  Because that would give me hope, the contrary is hard for me to accept because i'd always be thinking of the one who was left behind, the one who is filmed getting crushed to death by indifferent girls in high heels, and I cannot do anything about it. You'll notice I am not as passionate for human causes, I don't know what that makes me..A betrayor to the human species? I don't know but one thing is for sure, it doesnt make me popular among other people but I can't stand the fact that this fight is so unfair to animals, it's like goliath vs David, except david here doesn't even have a sling because animals are fucking voiceless, they can't even tell us what we shouldn't do to them and based on this we have a free pass to do whatever we want with them. Fuck that!

@Pelin the rant is not aimed at you or anyone here, it's just that these thoughts came out like this and I didn't edit, that's all..I was motivated yesterday and now I'm back in these thoughts

@charlie2dogs and @abrakamowse I liked your replies earlier because you seem to understand something important but I haven't had the experience of a higher being so I don't understand entirely..but thank you for your input, I'll check Leo's video and hopefully it will help

@JustinS thanks man, it's encouraging :)

32 minutes ago, Orange said:

it's like goliath vs David, except david here doesn't even have a sling because animals are fucking voiceless, they can't even tell us what we shouldn't do to them and based on this we have a free pass to do whatever we want with them. 

Maybe you have found your purpose? You are compassionate, but maybe at this point you're not expressing your compassion wisely, in a way that is effective?  

What will it take for you to come to terms with the reality of what is going on as well as your inner reality as a person who despises cruelty to animals?  What will it take for you to transform your compassion into an effective tool for getting these animals the help they need?

Ask your mind a question like this and it will always return to you with an answer.

Can you figure out a way of being of service to animals without trying to individually save all of them one by one, but instead put your energy into raising awareness or coming up with concrete ideas to evolve the animal welfare movement?

Some more food for thought!

Edited by Mal

@Orange right now your torture goes bothways, the torture you are doing yourself and the torture the world is doing to the animals of the world. I've been there, I was an environmental activist and a vegetarian for years, I watched those documentaries and I know how you feel. First of all, you need to know, if you were the richest person on Earth you wouldn't stop the cruelty against animals. You can do your best in your circumstances though. What you did helping stray animals is great. It's your best now and it's better than nothing. And you have to accept that there are sensitive souls like you here on Earth, but also very selfish ones. And some people will care about the starving kids and forget about animals, for some class conflict is the real conflict, for some environmental damage will be the only thing to care about.

You cannot change the human nature, but you have to come to peace with it somehow and end your self-torture. What the others suggest is related to this. When you continue looking inwards it will be easy for you to embrace everything in life.

@Mal @Orange that was what I was thinking, too, only a bit scared to point it out.. Yes that might be your life purpose. And again, there is a huge community who feels the same way as you do, don't be afraid to connect with them.

7 hours ago, Orange said:

@charlie2dogs and @abrakamowse I liked your replies earlier because you seem to understand something important but I haven't had the experience of a higher being so I don't understand entirely..but thank you for your input, I'll check Leo's video and hopefully it will help

@Orange  it is better no make any idea about that "higher being". It's in fact your real self. But, it cannot be named, we need to empty ourselves of all our preconceived ideas to see it. But I don't talk from experience. Charlie can explain that better than me.

Make your mind more quiet through meditation, that helps to begin to walk the "path" to awakening or self-realization

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

17 hours ago, Pelin said:

Yes that might be your life purpose. 

yes it is; it has been since i was a child actually but i never acted on it because i'm scared of the world and other people, even more so now that im a grown up and things aren't the way i thought they'd be

@abrakamowse ok, i'm taking note :) 

by the way I also thought again about what you said charlie; what is reality? does anyone know??

2 minutes ago, Orange said:

by the way I also thought again about what you said charlie; what is reality? does anyone know??

Let's call @charlie2dogs to clarify that point. He's a really good guy.

:)