Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beginner Mind

I just touched upon Awareness!

27 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

It seems like you got a good glimpse of a deep realization. Calling it "my true Self" is fine. I'm not saying it is wrong and shouldn't be described that way. Feel free to refer to it that way if you like.

I was pointing more toward the relationship with the realization, rather than the technicality of any terms we use to describe it. Personally, after this type of direct realization, my mind wants to contextualize it. And it's very common for the mind to slip in a subtle "me". For example, my mind may describe it as an "experience I had" or "my true nature", "my higher self" etc. To communicate to others via language, we've got to call it something. Yet, I've found the mind can slip in subtle forms of self constructs with personal identification. It's not so much the terms used, it is the underlying energetics. 

If this doesn't resonate with you, toss it away. 

I think you may be right.  The mind does seem to view the glimpse as something that it experienced.  At the moment, I'm not too concerned about it because I'm just really grateful that the glimpse happened at all.  It's been six long years since my last glimpse.  Just being reminded that my true nature is deeply at peace, happy, lacking nothing, just absolutely made my day.  I had completely forgotten.

But I appreciate you pointing that out for me.  Something for me to chew on.

2 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

I think you may be right.  The mind does seem to view the glimpse as something that it experienced.  At the moment, I'm not too concerned about it because I'm just really grateful that the glimpse happened at all.  It's been six long years since my last glimpse.  Just being reminded that my true nature is deeply at peace, happy, lacking nothing, just absolutely made my day.  I had completely forgotten.

But I appreciate you pointing that out for me.  Something for me to chew on.

I don't mean to steer in a particular direction. It sounds like you had a deep realization. Trust your intuition on how to integrate and embody it. 

@whatthefucksgoinon I actually just finished reading "Being Aware of Being Aware" shortly before the big glimpse occurred.  I think it may have played a role in what unfolded.

@Serotoninluv Right now my plan is to just watch the shit out of Rupert Spira videos in the coming days and see if I can rest as Awareness for longer stretches.

Just now, Beginner Mind said:

@Serotoninluv Right now my plan is to just watch the shit out of Rupert Spira videos in the coming days and see if I can rest as Awareness for longer stretches.

Rupert is great with this stuff. 

This reminds me of when I first started noticing "gaps".  A split second gap between thoughts. . . . Then they started to get longer - a few seconds. It also felt like "resting" in the awareness to me. 

24 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Rupert is great with this stuff. 

This reminds me of when I first started noticing "gaps".  A split second gap between thoughts. . . . Then they started to get longer - a few seconds. It also felt like "resting" in the awareness to me. 

Yeah, apparently not thinking can take you there as well?  I wouldn't know from personal experience as my mind's pretty active most days.  It must be nice experiencing long stretches of no-thought like the experience you shared the other day involving the snow.