Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Virgo

How to pursue my dream, and be successful

5 posts in this topic

Hello Actualizers....

I need yo help. Short story about me: I came to america 2 years ago as a consequence of the so called "green card lottery" or "Diversity Visa lottery" So I won this lottery and moved to Florida,Jacksonville. After 2 years Iv been working at fastfoods,restaurants, and now Full Time Uber Driver. I'm in a spiritual path doing meditation, reading and working. Somehow me and money we dont get along. I decided that I wanna be a therapist and help ppl with mental problems, or depression and staff like that. My ultimate goal is that everyone experience a state of oneness, and I wanna achieve ultimate stillnes and leave my body consciously and not dying of nature consequence(mahasamadhi) I'm positive that I can reach it, because Iv experience staff while meditating with no use of any psychedelics. What if discovered watching actualized and reading Spiral Dynamics is that I can be a stage green, or I was fully green in my country, In US I feel like I'm regressing to Orange. Any advice you can give me to be a therapist and in the same time follow my spiritual path, while making money?

The first thing I want to suggest is for you to really run the numbers for driving with uber. It is a possibility that you are losing money or making less than minimum wage. You have to really consider all expenses like car depreciation, maintenance etc. 

There are things similar to therapy you can do without a degree that are very similar. You can also start various non profits that could generate money for similar activities to therapy from grant money. You can also be self taught and teach and help online, in this age it almost seems more viable. However, the traditional route can still make money. I would just see if you can aim to doing it on your own terms by running your own business. 

I mean doing both of those things at the same time is pretty hard. Especially if you are constantly working. I can see at least with uber you do have your own hours. Are you wanting to pursue education? I would suggest focusing in on one thing. If you reach that deep in spirituality you might consider other career options possibly too. You can totally do both, but I would put something as a top priority. 

What is your expenses like? Are you savy in budgeting? Those things can be a start, but making more money is always ideal. The thing with working a job is the fact you are always limited by how many hours you can physically work. The key is finding how to make money while you sleep. Finding ways to leverage your money and time is essential. 

Do you have any hobbies? Any particular skills? 

@Average Investor well thank you for your reply. I used to do a lot of calisthenics in Albania, but since came to USA kinda lost. Skills, I find myself sometimes motivating others, iv help lots ppl with speech and meditation, nvr charged them. Saved some marriages in my Car ? I have a business coach too. I guess I'm going to start with some IG videos and YouTube about Motivation and in future I might teach Yoga.

I’m pretty sure a better approach than Uber is to work your ass off at the most lucrative full time job you can get and live frugally for some months and then after that, work on your passion full time, living frugally until you need to work again, and then repeat until you can get by without the job.

For example, construction workers with no experience, can make like $5,000- $7,000 a month if they work mostly government funded jobs. That’s what my “spiritual” ass is doing right now.

don’t fear a regression to orange. Get your shit handled. 

Or don’t and try living a spiritual life, maybe like monkhood or Buddhist beggar style or something. I’m just writing this post for my own entertainment.

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

I would like to suggest, several groups develop and achieve their actions for growth and cultural change, and the framework I use with them is the same idea I take with my clients. Investigation tells us that change programs fail because people are not lifted on the journey and societies don’t adequately outline the steps to achieve the targets. So what I do is share my 30-60-90 days plan for change. The strongest part of behavioral change is starting, so this breaks things down into bite-sized and actionable chunks. Less is more with goal-setting, so instead of targeting for 10 goals, people should cramp it to three steady goals that are attainable.