Shiva99

Rotten attention span

5 posts in this topic

I've realised my attention span is totally rotten. I can hardly focus for longer than 2mins while reading a book, watching a video, or anything like that. This used to be a lot different in the past, but i don't know how to change it. I wish i could sit and read for hours, without getting distracted, or watch a video and actually know what it was about 2 mins after closing it. I catch myself reading the comments more than watching the actual video on YouTube itself. It's getting ridiculous. 

What can i do besides meditation, healthy diet and regular exercise, which i'm already doing? 

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

4 minutes ago, Shiva99 said:

What can i do besides meditation, healthy diet and regular exercise, which i'm already doing?

Drastically reduce the usage of smartphone. Limit it to 1h/day max.

unborn Truth

Aim to increase the quality of your meditation. Make it more intentional. Just because you sit on a cushion doesn't mean you're meditating. Same goes for the exercise. Take it to the next level. 

Besides that, as @ajasatya suggested, you'll want to set boundaries on the things that are ruining your attention span. This will be a long a difficult process. Persistence is key. Find someone to keep you accountable ?

1 hour ago, Shiva99 said:

Inspect the thoughts about yourself, which are not true. Then, there will no longer be the monkey mind, trying to resolve in thinking - truth which can only be felt in alignment. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@ajasatya @DivineSoda @Nahm Thanks for the answers. I've also done some research and found a book by Cal Newport, which talks exactly about this problem. 

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.