Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dylan Page

Empathy, Compassion, Unity

7 posts in this topic

Maybe this is exclusive to me, but whenever I think about what it is that I am doing in life, from a rather broad perspective, I always find that if that which I am doing is overly selfish, my life is pointless and a waste. If I am trying to make too much money, focusing too much on my health, etc. I guess I feel this way because selfishness ultimately never wins. At the end of the day, no matter how much money I make, how healthy I am, how whatever else, I’m always going to lose. I’ve been really contemplating what I should do about this. I think survival, health, money, entertainment, and the likes are necessary, but when they are all that one does in life, there is something fundamentally important missing. I find higher value in life by helping others, growing myself and my understanding of the world, and trying to make the world a better place. Not for my own benefit (except for the growth point), but for the knowledge that I’m really making a difference in the lives of others. I’m not sure if this higher motivation is “important” in any sense, of course factually is it not, but I mean in a more universal, spiritual way. One of my biggest dreams is that humanity will be able to fully accept all parts of itself, and eventually will work towards improving the lives of all other beings as well. In this sense I dream of a unity of all things, a co-existence that while finite, can be appreciated by all. 

I always wonder if this motivation is just a selfish pipe dream, or there is actual significance to it. Maybe it’s a motivation not from me, Dylan, but from the true Self, the one that is willing this body to type this, not the body itself. 

Learning to living more and more selflessly is the whole point of life.

The more selflessly you live, the more profound and rewarding your life will be, until one day your selflessness reaches an infinite degree, you become God, and your life is complete.

The only thing holding you back is fear.

Do not let people bully you into thinking that the pursuit of God is somehow selfish. It's just the opposite, and your only path to salvation. If you lose touch with your desire to be selfless, your whole life is lost. You have sold your soul to the devil. Of course devils will try to convince you that being selfless or pursuing God is selfish.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Haha what’s funny about it is that I literally feel evil when I act too selfishly. I feel like Gollum from the lord of the rings, just hoarding everything and being a complete douche, filled with shame, guilt, etc. 

I also have this weird confusion whenever I help people. Sometimes I’ll help someone and ask if I did it for a selfish or selfless reason. Like the difference between donating to charity because you actually want those people to have better lives or because you want to come off to the media as a good person. I pretty much never want to be the media guy. @Leo Gura

You are a devil trying to redeem himself before God. Seems like you like the light. Come closer little devil, if you dare. It will sting, but only until you are dead.

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I mean I don’t do the guilt thing that often lol but when it does happen, yeah, I guess I am a devil. There are tons of things I am afraid of and don’t like. Mostly because I don’t understand them. But, everyday I work towards further understanding, I’ll get there soon enough. @Leo Gura Just want to say thanks for the guidance, ur one of the only people I know that is legitimately honest with yourself and others and it shows. 

@Leo Gura

Does selflessness exist through your LP or is the only way to become selfless is through enlightenment?

Say, for example, is charitable work actually selfless?

Is there selfishness with a lower case s and Selfishness with an upper case S?

Edited by ROOBIO

5 minutes ago, ROOBIO said:

Say, for example, is charitable work actually selfless?

Only Selflessness knows Selflessness.