inFlow

Kriya question about exercises.

5 posts in this topic

I know there is a Kriya mega thread but getting responses there can be hard.

I do Kriya x2 times per day in this order

@Morning:

Nadi sodh.

Ujjayi pran.

Talabya kriya

Concentration

@Evening:

Nadi sodh.

Ujjayi pran.

Om jappa chakras

Concentration

Is it ok if I break some of them apart or should I do them all together in the morning and in the evening? Any tips would be appreciated.

Mahadev

I hear you, my questions aren't getting answered there either, so I'll answer you! Based on reading the entire Kriya mega thread maybe you should do them together as they are progressive and build on each other. I personally don't waste time on anything else but go straight to mahamudra, pranayama pulling up and down the spine, supreme fire and concentration. During the day whenever it's convenient, I do alternate nose breathing, which is great for relaxing, but would probably be even better integrated in my morning practice. I find during Vipassana meditation and Bikrams yoga, the deepest moments come after longer periods of time, so it makes sense to do longer sessions rather than splitting them. For me, maybe others have different experiences, and also, I am a total Kriya newbie so just discovering myself!

@inFlow Hey man, kriya has a lot of auxilary practices that are kinda of irrelevant to its goals.

Many on the forum would agree that you only really need to practice a handful of the most powerful ones to see results.

Leo has recommended doing: 

Mahamudra x3

Kriya Pranayama x24

Supreme Fire x3

With time you can increase the pranayamas to 36-72, and the supreme fire to 10-20 min.

Try to work your way up to begin a more whole, powerful, practice.