Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adam M

How do you do research into what books to read?

5 posts in this topic

Is there a specific process of finding high-quality books to read or does it mostly just involve googling around, finding well-reviewed books, and reading them.

Edit: I am speaking about finding books beyond Leo's book list...

Edited by Adam M

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

Leo's book list is more than sufficient. In fact, most people won't be able to read 70% as many books as the book list in 5 years. 

I personally 'over' buy books. I am also trying to map together a world understanding that allows me to Achieve my life purpose and live the best life possible. So, when I struggle with relationships I buy a book on relationships for example. 

Leo's list is great, and as you are developing your map take note of where Leo's booklist fits in the map of human existence and possibility.

Thought:

1. Buy books relevant to the things you are interested in general

2. Buy books that answer questions you have, 

3. Buy books about your dreams, things you liked to achieve. 

4. Buy books that lay down programming for future self help books (I listed some I used)

5. Take risks when buying books

6. Read books counter to your opinions

7. Buy books that prep you for reading other books

8. Read books that focus on key areas of your life

9. Read books that are literature but use metaphor for expanding your big picture

10. Consider the 80/20 rule so you can focus on the key books that you will need. 

11. Use apps like headway, 12min, and others that allow you to read/listen to microbooks that summarize the key points of books. This allows you to quick gain key insights of 5-10 books easily each week.

12. Read books that could potentially act as multipliers, worm holes, gateways, skeletal structures to in your life.

Here are 3 books that I think will aid in peoples programming on how they choose books:

1. The Magic Of Your Personal Brain Power by Howard Vernon

2. The Code of the Extraordinary mind by Vishen Lakhiani

3. The First 20 hours: How to learn anything fast by Josh Kaufman

In my opinion each book is worth looking up and reading because they lay down different frameworks for reading and personal growth. I'd love to go into greater detail about these books and how they have helped me! Hope this comment is of interest,

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Goodreads.com is great for book reviews. Many books on Amazon have a 'preview' function I use to determine if the book's writing style and subject resonates.