LfcCharlie4

How to Live Longer- Blue Zones, Longevity and Anti Ageing

25 posts in this topic

@ElenaO I see your points and I'll attempt to answer them 1 by 1. 

1000s of studies have shown the detrimental effects of loneliness, by Social Engagement this means being part of communities, teams, families etc. Think about elderly people when they are isolated and left lonely, they tend to die faster, compared to those surrounded by family and parts of communities. Some people socialize less, but these studies follow thousands and are making conclusions based on that. And study after study shows deep meaningful relationships are very beneficial for Humans. For those on a spiritual journey, this may be different for a period of time for example, but overall, the trend seems to consistently show how important close relationshops are. This doesn't mean you have to be the centre of attention, just having several close relationships with friends, family, clubs, communities etc will go a long way. 

This article sums up the book quite well: https://www.bluezones.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/NationalPost2011.pdf

In terms of life purpose, not necessarily. You can run a company, follow your LP etc and know how to manage your stress levels, relax, take time out etc and not expose yourself to ridiculously high stress environments like Wall Street, there are ways to work around anything. 

By the way, it says Purpose= Living Longer so I'm not sure your confusion. 

A lot of the research shows big families and having children actually helps you live longer especially later in life, or who will take care for you and help you as you age? Again, it links back to that sense of community and belonging by having a family, and in these areas families are very close as are communities. I'm also guessing it's a biological response that shows you're still 'useful' so your body still needs to work hard? I'm not sure, but regular sexual activity is usually correlated with a long and healthy life. 

A lot of them tie together- Sex tends to mean you have a family and a wife, which gives you meaningful relationships increasing social conections etc. 

I haven't read the book but it's next on my health and diet list, so when I do I'll give a book summary. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-is-the-optimal-diet/

I didn't know you were into all this stuff bud...have you ever heard of nutritionfacts.org Michael Greger is an amazing plant-based doctor who started this nonprofit website... he also wrote the book "how not to die"

He talks a lot about the blue zones... I also love the Forks Over Knives website... that's all kinds of amazing plant-based vegan recipes. ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

I almost forgot ...have you ever heard of the fasting mimicking diet for Health and Longevity. 

Some very interesting research going on there ...they believe they will already be able to get people to live to be a 120's on this diet... look for Dr. Valter Longo...

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Yeah man, I'm currently reading 'How Not to Diet' by Dr Gregor, which exposes the food industry for what it is, and crafts the most 'scientific' weight loss diet possible. Also, using the daily dozen app has made me clean my diet up further- less of that fake meat and processed shit, and more whole foods!

And, yes Ben Greenfield mentions hum a lot, I currently only do 16/8 and then a fortnightly 24 hour fast, which is actually starting at 3PM today (yay), I need to look more into FMD but Greenfield recommends to do it quarterly for an optimum effect. Isn't it basically 5 days at a very low level of calories to mimic water fasting without the downsides? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Yes exactly you got it.... here's a quick video by one of my favorite plant-based doctors describing it.

That's cool you're reading how not to die it's a great book...

If you haven't already ...I also recommend "The healthiest diet on the planet" by Dr. John McDougall

The China Study by Dr. T Colin Campbell

The cheese Trap by Dr.Neal Bernard

Also if you get a chance to check out the movie 'Food Choices' it used to be on Netflix but I believe they removed it. ?

Take care my friend good stuff!

Edited by VeganAwake