Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ravlondon

Life Goals.

4 posts in this topic

I've been doing personal development since 19 years old.

I want a life where I look good, have money, have a hot girlfriend, financial freedom, high self esteem, personality, creative pursuits, have the ability to travel on a whim etc.

I know this is all possible for me but at 25 it feels as though culture is telling me that I should be in a better place in my life at this age.

I have grown a lot over the last two years but I fear being in only a slightly better place in 2 years time.

Is there a way to accelerate my progress? Am I being impatient? Should I just work harder/sacrifice more?

@ravlondon It’s hard to say without knowing what you are actually doing, how much work you are putting in.

Tracking your week for a full week can be a helpful tool. Thinking about where those actions take you, if projected forwards.

And than there is the change in what such a week looks like. How different is such a “snapshot” of your life compared to 1, 2, 3 years ago?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

There is quite a bit of pressure in American culture for that here. I am not sure where you live though. 

1 hour ago, ravlondon said:

look good, have money, have a hot girlfriend

These sound really nice and is what is perpetuated to be success, but really these will become pretty dull. Looks and money are not permanent and will just be a waste of your time to pursue. Same with the girls looks, but you should be attracted to her. 

It sounds like you want a lot, but are not really focusing in on one thing. I would personally start by raising your self esteem. That will make it much easier with women and getting things like a promotion etc. Also, just for your general well being. 

A lack of results could be due to many things. I am not sure how hard you are working now, but that could help. You can only realistically work so hard though. It's important to enjoy your everyday life and not just feel as if you have to suffer to reach something, that inevitably does not make you happy. 

There is nothing that is going to make all of this happen instantly. You are going to have to focus in on one thing at a time and get that down. 

Having a lot of going on through someone's mind might be a little infuriating. But sometime's that "someone" will just try to grasp is all resulting in negative effects mentally and physically, I believe amounting yourself to some personality development training will somewhat help, or tracking your productivity will ease your tension of growth.