Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rasheed

Leo, and All Experienced Meditators, Please Answer My Question about Meditation

5 posts in this topic

I watched Leo's video about Strong Determination Sitting. He said, it is meditation on steroids. I agree. Thing is, I can do 1 hour determination sit, BUT it causes health problems, especially hemmorhoids. Hemmorhoids is a tough problem to have...

My question is:

• If I lay down on my bed, my head on the pillow, and don't move for entire hour, can that be as powerful as SDS? (I am asking this because, laying down won't cause hemmorhoids...)

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Yes, you can do that just don't fall asleep. Don't be afraid of arising Love. 

Drop everything you ever heard. Be sensations themselves don't be afraid of rising Love. 

It's not about posture at all. 

You would be on the safer side if you had an upright sitting posture. It promotes alertness and attentiviness much better than lying down, which might make you dreamy especially if you intend to not move for an hour. 

I have made myself a donut shaped cushion to avoid piles etc when sitting for long periods. I believe doctors prescribe something similar too. But you could experiment with other postures too such as lying down. 

Edited by silene

2 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Yes, you can do that just don't fall asleep. Don't be afraid of arising Love. 

Drop everything you ever heard. Be sensations themselves don't be afraid of rising Love. 

It's not about posture at all. 

Great!

2 hours ago, molosku said:

You would be on the safer side if you had an upright sitting posture. It promotes alertness and attentiviness much better than lying down, which might make you dreamy especially if you intend to not move for an hour. 

It also depends on what time person meditates. If person meditates in the morninf, that is unlikely to happen...

1 hour ago, silene said:

I have made myself a donut shaped cushion to avoid piles etc when sitting for long periods. I believe doctors prescribe something similar too. But you could experiment with other postures too such as lying down. 

Sitting with upright posture, on ordinary chair, is piles 101 in my opinion. When we lay down, that cannot happen.

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport