Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Forrest Adkins

How to deal with Information Overload?

4 posts in this topic

There are a thousands of pages spiritual texts, channeled texts, yoga, buddhist theory, techniques etc. out there. And then there is fields like psychology, spiral dynamics which are also very worthwhile.

I love reading all this stuff but I also have a tendency to compare these to each other, trying to find how they point to the same things, which books reference each other, which ones contradict each other, how they fit into my "big picture". On top of that there are over hundreds of hours of actualized.org theory in my head by this point and I just feel myself getting overwhelmed and like Im going about this the wrong way.

What is the best way to deal with so much theory? Which attitude is the best to take on when you soak all this stuff up?

In a sense I really respect people like OSHO who was said to have read thousands of books and yet he had very clear and simple answers to everything people have throwed at him - how is this even possible?

Edited by Forrest Adkins

Be very clear on what you want. What is your goal for yourself in spirituality? Get clear on what you want, and then it will be easier to decide what kind of information to consume because it will be in service of your goal.

I always try not to put too much on my plate. And especially not to put more on my plate before finishing what is already on it. 

It's like eating food. You do it all of your life but you only eat meal size portions to fill you up and allow your body to digest it until you become hungry again 

Genesis 27:27-29