herghly

Taking ayahuasca alone

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone taken ayahuasca alone? If so how was your experience?

Ayahuasca seems to be the only psychedelic that people believe must be taken in a ceremony setting. I still don't understand why, and I've done ayahuasca a few times in a shamanic setting.

I think If i had access to the substance I could do it alone, no different than taking LSD.

I've done 2 ceremonies and at least for me personally I see no reason why I couldn't do it alone. I would not recommend this for most people though. 

I've only taken it in ceremonies but I'd easily prefer to take it alone and I want to start doing that. Just got to plan how to get a supply. It is the only psychedelic I have taken in a group. Solo is the only way to go for tripping. At least for introspective deep tripping.

I take Ayahuasca alone at home. Mostly together with my friend, but did it alone a few times.

I see no reason not to do it. Get your puke bucket next to you and be careful with the dosage.

I must say though that I`m glad I did the first 10 times in Ceremony.  Because this set the way in which I approach Psychedelic Experiences.

I mean the attidude of discipline. Not hanging around getting high (which is also great) but going on a journey of discovery and inner work.

But you don't need a Ceremony to have this attidude.