Guivs

The Path Of Meditation And Its Purpose

37 posts in this topic

Hello,

I would like to share with you a video explaining pretty much the whole path of meditation in a really clear way.

The speaker is a yogi who spent 12 years in a meditation cave in the Himalayas at 5000m, sleeping 3hrs a day.

May all benefit from this teaching :)

You do realize you can post video's right?  So go on...

And to be quite blunt I don't give a flying fuck at what elevation he was doing meditation, lets see the content of what he has to say. 

Edited by Heart of Space

@Heart of Space Didn't you get it? He's enlightened. He's not there.

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

wow guys, sorry, I did not know we could not post videos here, will delete the post if needed. I just thought it was good to share.

Really surprised by the reactions, that was not intended at all.

@Guivs

Hi there

I would absolutely love if you could direct link or share access to the video! Thank you! :D

p.s comments reflect the commenter, not the worth of your contribution. 

Much love 

38 minutes ago, Guivs said:

wow guys, sorry, I did not know we could not post videos here, will delete the post if needed. I just thought it was good to share.

Really surprised by the reactions, that was not intended at all.

As far as I know everyone can post videos here. I'm little confused but I think the problem is that you say you would like to share a video but for some reason you didn't do it :)

11 minutes ago, Marcin said:

As far as I know everyone can post videos here. I'm little confused but I think the problem is that you say you would like to share a video but for some reason you didn't do it :)

Wooooops!

Yes indeed, I have neglected to post the link, sorry. :D (This is a great reminder of my lack of awareness :P )

Here is the link : 

Enjoy, hoping that you all will get something useful out of it :) 

I've added to watch later. Seems different than what I'm regularly exposed to and I like to checkout different perspectives.

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

47 minutes ago, Phrae said:

I've added to watch later. Seems different than what I'm regularly exposed to and I like to checkout different perspectives.

glad to hear:)

5 minutes ago, Piotr said:

@Guivs Thanks, she talks about meditation in a very clear way. One thing I didn't get though, mainly because I didn't hear about this before. It's when she describes that it's important to be attentive at certain meditative state, that if not careful some tradition believe can be at root of becoming a cow in your next life :D What state is she talking about?

dont worry you wont become a cow, so what did you learn from the video.

Meditation is a tool. A tool to remove programming. In fact, not to remove it, but to SEE it for what it is. It can also be a wonderful tool for the ego to infiltrate into some kind of a spiritual path, where you continue with your sh*t but you feel better about yourself because you are meditating. 

Meditation is NOT a pre-requisite for enlightenment. You already ARE.. THAT! 

Meditation is a tool for people that cannot see their thoughts for what they bleeping are: THOUGHTS! 

In my view, honestly, all those monks, those years..etc only serve to separate you (whomever you might be) from another "more evolved" being that had so much inner power to do this or that... PLEASE! 

Now there's a danger to this: that you take all this and apply it to your silly little construction and you go around mentally affirming things that serve that mind. Nothing wrong with mind... only, it is not at all YOU ! It's still as illusory as it can be. 

Last question: Is illusion separate from THIS? :) 

Confused yet? ;) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Kenya Ahh... look at the worth of the information and not the comm-enter than.... even more insightful! lol

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

@Guivs Thanks, she talks about meditation in a very clear way. One thing I didn't get though, mainly because I didn't hear about this before. It's when she describes that it's important to be attentive at certain meditative state, that if not careful some tradition believe can be at root of becoming a cow in your next life :D What state is she talking about?

hi, I think that the main point she is trying to make there is that the meditative state that is best for being able to examine one's own mind is a state that is calm, stable and yet very clear.

Therefore, we need to be careful not to become dull while meditating. For instance, when you do mindfulness of breathing and that you get deeply relaxed and feel the breath somewhat, but not really clearly, you might want to focus a bit more. And oppositely if you are a bit too tense.

We need to find the right combination of calmness and clarity.

of course, we can let aside those beliefs about past lives and so forth, just keep what was useful for you :)

55 minutes ago, Ayla said:

Meditation is a tool. A tool to remove programming. In fact, not to remove it, but to SEE it for what it is. It can also be a wonderful tool for the ego to infiltrate into some kind of a spiritual path, where you continue with your sh*t but you feel better about yourself because you are meditating. 

Meditation is NOT a pre-requisite for enlightenment. You already ARE.. THAT! 

Meditation is a tool for people that cannot see their thoughts for what they bleeping are: THOUGHTS! 

In my view, honestly, all those monks, those years..etc only serve to separate you (whomever you might be) from another "more evolved" being that had so much inner power to do this or that... PLEASE! 

Now there's a danger to this: that you take all this and apply it to your silly little construction and you go around mentally affirming things that serve that mind. Nothing wrong with mind... only, it is not at all YOU ! It's still as illusory as it can be. 

Last question: Is illusion separate from THIS? :) 

Confused yet? ;) 

Just like there are people probably just like you with very little dust on their eyes who can directly perceive their true nature and that there was indeed nowhere to go to and no one to be realized, so they can go straight into the inquiry of the Self.

But I do believe that for some (maybe most?) people, meditation can help settle the mind so that the recognition of one's true nature or inquiry of the Self (or lack thereof) can take place on the basis of solid foundations.  The point is not to get attached or identify with the method, I would say :)

So my conclusion would be, it depends. For some, meditation would be useless, recognition could happen directly through inquiry, for some maybe not. But sure at one point, you need to forget about all methods or effort.

Would you agree with this?

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

@charlie2dogs Haha, just wanted to be extra cautious.

That meditation serves only if practiced for all beings. The fact that I can do it in the first place is pretty amazing in itself.

what do you hope to gain from doing it if i may ask,

28 minutes ago, Piotr said:

@charlie2dogs  I hope I can let go of and surrender to pain.

the most meaningful purpose of meditation for those that need it, is to connect you with the real part of you that is giving your body life, thereby allowing for liberation from the identity body and all its limitations.  humans use meditation for a variety of reasons and that is ok as the human identity needs all the help it can get to deal with life as the human identity.

4 hours ago, Guivs said:

Just like there are people probably just like you with very little dust on their eyes who can directly perceive their true nature and that there was indeed nowhere to go to and no one to be realized, so they can go straight into the inquiry of the Self.

But I do believe that for some (maybe most?) people, meditation can help settle the mind so that the recognition of one's true nature or inquiry of the Self (or lack thereof) can take place on the basis of solid foundations.  The point is not to get attached or identify with the method, I would say :)

So my conclusion would be, it depends. For some, meditation would be useless, recognition could happen directly through inquiry, for some maybe not. But sure at one point, you need to forget about all methods or effort.

Would you agree with this?

Yes :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

18 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

these kind of comments are totally uncalled for,

I'm kind of an outrageous person.  It's ok, we all have raised our self-awareness enough so that petty words shouldn't bother you at all, fa*****.  ;)

7 hours ago, DizIzMikey said:

@Heart of Space Surprisingly insightful, love it 

Very true.  Enjoyed the video.  Sorry, OP, I'm a cu** sometimes.  Don't be russled. 

Edit:  Censorship!?  Leo I am disappoint. 

Edited by Heart of Space