Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ravlondon

Career advice

7 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if anyone will read this but any advice is welcome. 

I'm 25 and currently working an entry level SEO Assistant role at a well known brand, the last few years have been dedicated to personal development/learning, health and pickup. I picked up SEO because its something I could do that I dont mind doing. 

I am wondering where I can move my career going forward so that I am earning more money, whilst being qualified to do the job and the steps to get there. 

Examples I have already thought off: SEO Analyst, Project/Product manager etc. 

(I am also making a post on pickup in the other category to explain my situation there) 

@Zega When I was in high school I was the attention seeking class clown, and I was quite funny. Later at 21 I did stand up on stage and did very well at it, this was after taking an 8 stand up comedy class where I got to perform in front of the class at the end of each session and show them my material. I went to an RSD Hotseat before my standup which helped. 

Nowadays I work 8 hour days in a politically correct office and find it difficult to express my humour to my colleagues because they might be offended by it. I go home, exercise, meditate and do pickup on the weekends. I get exited when I see my creativity emerge occasionally during manic periods at work sometimes. 

Ideally, I'd be looking for a place to express my personality through creativity or art, stand-up isn't my priority.

Edited by ravlondon

Comedy sounds like more of  a general passion. There's always podcasts and YouTube. Maybe moving forward with your passion is the right step. As always don't quit your day job, but continue to grow your passion and the money will come in time. 

Some questions that might help you in the right direction:

- When laying on my deathbed, what do I want to have contributed to the world?

- What is my uniqueness/strengths that I want to express?

- What will my career look like if I embody my highest values? (Might want to determine your values first ;))

- What personal feelings and rewards do I want to reap from my career?

Grab a notepad. Contemplate them for 15 minutes each. See what overall picture starts to form ?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

On 21/01/2020 at 2:49 PM, ravlondon said:

I'm not sure if anyone will read this but any advice is welcome. 

I'm 25 and currently working an entry level SEO Assistant role at a well known brand, the last few years have been dedicated to personal development/learning, health and pickup. I picked up SEO because its something I could do that I dont mind doing. 

I am wondering where I can move my career going forward so that I am earning more money, whilst being qualified to do the job and the steps to get there. 

Examples I have already thought off: SEO Analyst, Project/Product manager etc. 

(I am also making a post on pickup in the other category to explain my situation there) 

My friends who work in a similar field have a target. 

1. Move up

2. Lateral move over

3. Pull the chute out to a better gig

If there's no specific point of progression, move on. Never quit. Get a role that's better and move on. 

How's pickup going? Who you listen to? Its getting lame now. I am doing Leo's course on purpose. Its crazy but it all coincides. If you haven't already, read David Deida way of the superior man. Focus on your purpose and brand of 'me!'