abrakamowse

Thoughts Are Real, The Thinker Is Not Real

21 posts in this topic

I just found that quote, I think it's true. What do you think about it?

I am just curious to know other points of view.
;)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse what if because the thoughts are real, and the thoughts about there being a thinker are therefore real and we really are all living the reality of that deluded thought, then the thinker is real in that sense

if I was trying to be a tricky person lol 

but yeah objectively it makes sense :) 

46 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

;)

This seems true. Thoughts are certainly happening within the field of awareness. You can perceive the thoughts, but you can't perceive what is perceiving the thoughts. Yet perception is happening.

Edited by Emerald Wilkins

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Of course it's all real. It's just not absolutely real. 

I've noticed that the thoughts are real. It's the content of the thoughts that aren't real. For instance, if you think about a flower that you have seen, the thought about the flower is real but the flower pictured in the thought is not. It's a fantasy.

Interesting @Saarah and @Emerald Wilkins  .... I have to meditate on that

hehehe...

thanks!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

The association and "logic" that it's made with those thoughts makes the "story" beliefs, etc, right?

@Mal @Tim Green

;)

@abrakamowse If you took all human brains off the earth, there would be no thoughts and no thinking. But awareness would be always self-aware and manifesting/ experiencing itself through whatever means.    

2 minutes ago, Natasha said:

@abrakamowse If you took all human brains off the earth, there would be no thoughts and no thinking. But awareness would be always self-aware and manifesting/ experiencing itself through whatever means.    

Interesting @Natasha  you are right.

Imagine we did our thinking in sign language.

The thoughts are just the hand moving.

The hand is real.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

5 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

;)

It's not enough to think it's true. Do the work to see it.

1 hour ago, Lha Bho said:

Imagine we did our thinking in sign language.

The thoughts are just the hand moving.

The hand is real.

I like this. :)

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

8 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

The association and "logic" that it's made with those thoughts makes the "story" beliefs, etc, right?

@Mal @Tim Green

;)

Nonsense. 

Do you want to experience the transcendent?

Use your thinking mind to solve this problem. Come back and tell me as soon as you can find anything that is absolute.

I await your answer :)

5 hours ago, Mal said:

Nonsense. 

Do you want to experience the transcendent?

Use your thinking mind to solve this problem. Come back and tell me as soon as you can find anything that is absolute.

I await your answer :)

No, thanks.... Lol...
-_-

10 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

It's not enough to think it's true. Do the work to see it.

I know, I just wanted to see more opinions. I know it's preposterous but "I" wanted

Lol

Edited by abrakamowse

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

WOW!

39 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

No, thanks.... Lol...
-_-

Lol,

The instruction was rhetorical.  It was for you rather than me.  I have no need for an answer.

Never mindxD

Mal

16 minutes ago, Mal said:

Lol,

The instruction was rhetorical.  It was for you rather than me.  I have no need for an answer.

Never mindxD

Mal

I know Mal, I understood what you meant... that's why I didn't write any explanation. Thanks for pointing to that!
:)

3 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

I know, I just wanted to see more opinions. I know it's preposterous but "I" wanted

Lol

Here's a thought then. If the thinker if not real, then the one who desires and fears is not real either. For example, fear of death is a process of thinking, but if there is no thinker then who is fearing death? Also, any plans and goals you have in life are all also thoughts. So if there is no thinker, then those thoughts belong to no one, and that would mean you have no goals in life. All those plans, goals, desires, dreams, obsessions, etc., they aren't yours. You ultimately fear nothing and want nothing.