abrakamowse

Question About Enlightment

45 posts in this topic

@Khin  Thank you very much, I didn't understand it that way. Very clarifying, cool. 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 8-2-2016 at 5:51 PM, abrakamowse said:

My question basically is how do we know that what we are perceiving when we are enlightened is the truth and not another construct of our mind?

There is a part of you that can not be conditioned, the observer self. It is when every conditioning is being unconditioned you experience life without labelling reality. You will start to have that child wonder again where you sit outside at night watching the sky with overflowing coolness.

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

Before enlightenment you have to be awaken. When you are awaken you will know it because it is a physical process, the body gets flooded with energy and you feel the energy vortexes(chakras) from your gut, heart and head. As this energy floods your body there will be a releasing of all the negativity in you. This is a one way street,once you enter it there is no going back. Your focus should be on awakening.

Edited by Sen

@Sen  Thanks! I wasn't sure about the difference between awakening and enlightenment, now I know. Thanks!!!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

On 2/8/2016 at 11:51 AM, abrakamowse said:

My question basically is how do we know that what we are perceiving when we are enlightened is the truth and not another construct of our mind?

On 2/8/2016 at 11:59 AM, mgi0077 said:

when you no longer need to ask that question

Umm.....ehhh...hmmm...

Cant a person without realizing, convince himself that he doesn't "need to ask" and really think he's enlightened and its really just a construct of the mind.

Stay in touch with your body and your senses, they're in reality. Breathe. Relax. And LET IT GO...

On 2/8/2016 at 6:02 PM, abrakamowse said:

Thank you very much, very nice answer. I see... I need to stop seeking. It's true.

"Liberation, freedom is the end of the energy of seeking. It can suddenly vanish, suddenly be there no more. And what is left when the seeker collapses or vanishes is completely the unknowable. It can't be described. But you could say in words that all that's left when the seeking ends which is already free-flowing unbounded energy". - Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons on seeker and seeking. This should answer your question.

Thanks!!!! @Natasha  @Pierre and @TruthSeeker   it helped me to understand better what to do!

Many thanks again!

3 hours ago, TruthSeeker said:

Umm.....ehhh...hmmm...

Cant a person without realizing, convince himself that he doesn't "need to ask" and really think he's enlightened and its really just a construct of the mind.

I don't know... 

:P

1 hour ago, Pierre said:

Stay in touch with your body and your senses, they're in reality. Breathe. Relax. And LET IT GO...

Sometimes when I am in deep meditation I don't feel my body and nothing, or maybe I think I don't. 

O.o

10 minutes ago, Pinocchio said:

Yep. Mind can potentially convince you of anything and everything. And actually does so all the time.

That's why is convenient to make mindful meditation, where you focus on the reality not on your mind, etc.

Not sure, just wishful thinking...

10 minutes ago, Pinocchio said:

So that's just the mind trying to look at itself, that doesn't quite solve the problem yet.

The problem is confusing mind with consciousness.

I passed that part and almost ended crazy, so I know. Im pretty sure I will not make that mistake.

:)

@Pinocchio  probably my ego... I'm really not that sure. Sometimes I fear about that. But because I know everything is not under my control I accept whatever it comes. I think with practice and experience fear will go away.

^_^

Edited by abrakamowse

@Pinocchio  I think I saw it. Or better said, felt it... 

Edited by abrakamowse

@Pinocchio I think, then I exist...  Lol

I see your point. Someone told me long time ago, when I was beginning to meditate that the things I see on my thoughts and the mind chatter was the ego, and the real self was more like a feeling, not words. That was like more than 20 years ago, and I am still not sure when is my real self telling me something and when it is just my ego.

Edited by abrakamowse
grammar

3 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Someone told me long time ago, when I was beginning to meditate that the things I see on my thoughts and the mind chatter was the ego, and the real self was more like a feeling, not words. 

What you "see" during meditation are just unresolved issues that you keep entertaining. It is still very much a part of you and trying to kill it (if it was possible), would get you nowhere.

Real self is not a feeling. "Something" perceives that feeling. What?who is THAT? 

:D

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ayla  I tend to see that something like separated and the ego like myself.

:P

I think I need more self inquiry meditation.

1 minute ago, abrakamowse said:

I tend to see ...

Who is that one? the seer ? 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Pinocchio  thanks , yes it very subtle. Like a small voice.

@Ayla  The seer is my true self but I still don't see it like that, I see it as someone who is not me. Like bigger than me, and I am still blind on the cage of the ego. 

Is difficult to choose the right words to explain it.

Edited by abrakamowse

4 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

The seer is my true self but I still don't see it like that, I see it as someone who is not me. Like bigger than me, and I am still blind on the cage of the ego.

Leave the Ego for the moment

Just relax into the feeling of I SEE 

Do the exact opposite of searching. Relax into the who is seeing. It kinda has a feeling of "back" to it - as in "relax back into.." 

Yes, it is difficult to explain and so you don't have to :D 

Leave explaining also. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com