Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DreamScape

Music, Escaping Wage Slavery, Conscious Creation.

8 posts in this topic

• My goals:
    • Financial Independence/Escaping wage slavery
    • Mastery in 1/2 subjects 
    • Becoming a conscious creator, sharing love and beauty through creation.

I want to escape wage slavery so I have the increase in time to focus on spirituality, exploring reality, and creation. It seems like what most resonates with my being would be making music, or starting a business. I have some ideas for music but none for business and haven't started yet. The thing that seems to be pulling me in is making music at the moment, although from my POV it seems like something unfeasible and something that many many people struggle to even make a living from. I have heard that some people are working a part time job + music just to make everything work out well for them. I don't want to end up like that. 

I don't really know if this is my intuition or not. Should I follow this? Or should I look for business ideas or other mediums that I can use to create something that'll bring into life the goal of escaping wage slavery. I don't really see how getting into music/making music can help do that. 

Genesis 27:27-29

That is something personally that you will have to decide. I think music can have a very heavy impact on lives. You would be surprised at the amount of influence it can create. I am impacted daily by people who create binural beats especially. I am actually cutting out normal music for a month to see what happens. I think I have a lot of influence from lower consciousness music itself, so even just from that I can see it has high power. 

I am going down the same path as you for finding an impact. A big thing is going to be deciding the medium that you want to share that with the world. A musician can have all sorts of impact especially with the more fans that they are able to get. I know what you mean though it can sound daunting to try to start something up that is quite hard to be successful in. The major things will be trying stuff out and seeing what you enjoy. Then testing to see if it will be a realistic way for you to make money. Once you have those settled it would be time for you to decide if you want to commit to the path of mastery. I assure you that if you became a master at your craft that it would start to become harder and harder to ignore your work no matter what medium you decide to choose. 

Also, there is a lot to the business side of music anyway, so one way or another it something that you are going to want to learn. Business can have a larger variety of different impacts that you could make. All industries could use higher conciseness businesses. 

Right now I am running a business and working on life purpose. I can sustain myself while looking for the purpose currently, so it works well for me. I have tried a good variety of businesses at this point. I am reaching a point where I really want to become a master at something. I have limiting beliefs and fears as well here too though. It is something I am going to work through to discover what is best for me to bring to the world. 

5 hours ago, Average Investor said:

I assure you that if you became a master at your craft that it would start to become harder and harder to ignore your work no matter what medium you decide to choose.

You're definitely right. Mastery is something that many people lack. Even in music, most music that's played on the radio doesn't seem that high quality, or it doesn't seem like anything a master would produce. Especially with the focus on money, and fame, and power and stuff. People who focus on creating amazing (anything) with love & passion will always stand out

I'm also impacted in a large way by music in a large way. Life, for me, would be very bland without it.

@DreamScape

I love music. I am just going to try to make it filled with more positive messages. I am working on subconscious mind stuff and I think this type of stuff would have an impact especially with repetition. 

Really take your time to feel out what you want to do though. It might take you longer than you think to fully figure it out. I found it book that said purpose can have many layers to it. So while you might spend some time doing what you're doing now, you might move to music, other ventures, to family, and so on. I think this is a pretty important no matter what you decide to do. I have been kind of thinking about doing something with self help myself just because I enjoy it. If I were to master it I could probably provide a lot of value for the world. I want to really make sure that is the route I want to go though. I suppose it would not be time wasted though if I improved myself a lot in the process. 

It could be worth it to start a business just for the income to escape wage slavery. However, I do want to note the importance of life style minimalism and how that could really help you cut down expenses to make it more feasible. You can make money doing anything really though. You can start certain businesses without a lot of money up front too.  I think the most important part will be you having purpose in that work that you do to become free. What I do is something to tide me by, but I really do enjoy it. It became a business from a hobby. If I just had to just grind out to only make money and hate what I do I am not sure I would have the same ability to do as much as I have for this business. If you are able to take out making money and life purpose at the same time it would be the best route though. It could be really easy for you to get lost in the pursuit of money for the freedom and keeping you further and further from your purpose. It's also hard to not cling to a business that is already making you money. I am sure I will have this issue once again once I decide to switch over. But if what I do is going to take a long time to build up I will need money to be made while I am doing it. 

I have thought about doing some mediation retreats, solo camping retreat with no distractions, etc. To really try to contemplate this purpose. Your life is significant, so really make sure that you don't just skip past this part with a quick result. Be willing to do whatever it takes to discover it. 

Edited by Average Investor

I am in the same boat, working on my purpose, writing tonnes of music, playing festivals, creating opportunities for artist, making videos for artists and business building habits, failing, learning, growing etc, etc etc. 

I'd love to make money from Youtube or Music, however, though I am seeing more and more progress and impact with my craft, my impact on audiences and my community still I am trenched in self doubt. Maybe I wont make a living from music, or youtube. But I know my life is to be an artist, or a linchpin and I want to give my gifts to the world and to serve others. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Average Investor Yeah, that's what I've been doing. Better to take the time to think than to do something I will regret doing later. I don't want to waste time. 

That's a good idea! I'm gonna figure out something, life purpose or not lmaoo. Truly, I do want to do something purposeful and meaningful, I really don't want to waste life, there's just too much to life to waste it doing non meaningful stuff. That's really good advice. 

Eventually though if I can't find anything purposeful to do, I will just do it for money. I cannot stand for wasting my life basically not living my life. But we'll see.

@Thought Art I think you're doing good, keep at it.