Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Strangeloop

Consequences of psychedelics: Rewiring the Brain

6 posts in this topic

So in 2018 I took a lot of drugs like weed, ecstasy, mdma and LSD. I had some profound experiences but I haven't put them in thought though I haven't thought of what they mean to my life or anything, I just experienced them and that's it. 
So in the year 2019 after the drug usage I was put into hospital where I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia, I've been putted on medication since. I'm in rehab right now as my parents found out that I used drugs, they influenced me to go to rehab, I obeyed. After hospital I had this one mystical experience I remember it vividly. I was laying in my bed sleeping and suddenly I woke up to this blissful feeling in my brain, it was very instense but very pleasurable. It was like my brain neurons were connecting at a rapid pace with each other, it was like rewiring my Brain with new knowledge without thinking about the knowledge. Ever since that experience I had milder, similar experiences to that, almost everytime I contemplate, it seems like it calls up this rewiring feeling. As the time went on it wasn't so pleasurable, sometimes it was painful, I feel my head tensing up, I don't know if I can call it transcendence but it feels like it is that.

Have you ever had this tensing, rewiring of the brain occasionally?

I love the whole "gaining incredible knowledge effortlessly" thing, it's like you've just discovered a cheat code for life haha. It's halarious 

Edited by Aaron p

@Strangeloop Is it like the feeling when you have a "aha-effect" like you are sitting infront of a puzzle and suddenly you have the solution to it? Then you opend a chacra in your head

Did the drug phase had any consequences (positive/negative)  for you now? Is this drug phase linked to your schizophrenia?

Its probably your serotonergic and dopaminergic system starting to work again as the D1 D2 receptors start to reuptake again complete the cycle effect which causes a pleasure reward system feedback type experience ( it's a good sign you're recovering from exhausting your adrenals and oxidizing your dopamine receptors in other words your body is returning to homeostasis and proper functioning order I experienced the same thing after I stopped taking my ADD meds after 4yrs of 60mg a day adderall (not a fun experience so kids say no to drugs)

18 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Strangeloop Is it like the feeling when you have a "aha-effect" like you are sitting infront of a puzzle and suddenly you have the solution to it?

Yes it's something like that, it happens very rapidly, depending on the aha moment the severity of these rewiring feelings are greater or lesser.

18 hours ago, OBEler said:

Did the drug phase had any consequences (positive/negative)  for you now? Is this drug phase linked to your schizophrenia?

Yes it has both - positive and negative consequences. Positive would be seeing more in people, thinking out of the box. 

Negative would be unstable moods and unclear thoughts, hallucinations(could be a postive) illiusions, anger issues, apathy, deppression.