Cocolove

Do all vegans have deficiencies? vitamins and minerals

106 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Scholar said:

The theory is: Cooking our food, including meat, lead to a greater consumption of calories which lead to enable our species to evolve towards a bigger brain due to us being able to use more fuel. Hunting, as a social activitiy, required communication and abstract thinking skills which allowed for this kind of intelligence to evolve.

Yeah that's what I said! I just shortened it. All other tribes who didn't do this, died out. And I don't think the links say anything about cooking. 

35 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Upon autopsy they also find that some tribes like the Massai have terrible arteries, like 90 year-olds in the west. They would be considered high-risk candidates for stroke and heart disease. But they also have a low life-expectancy, so they simply die before they can develop a serious cardiovascular issue.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0368131964800417?via%3Dihub

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18523037

here's two studies that disagree.

The most important function of cooking is to kill parasites.

Undeveloped tribes have massive parasite problems.

People in the developed world do not appreciate how bad parasites can get because we've virtually wiped them out with cooked and processed foods.

Imagine a foot long tape worm in your gut. That's what you get when you live off the land in some jungle.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I am a young man but I have been Vegan most of my life. My father has been Vegan for much longer, and my girlfriend became vegan a couple years ago. I can say that I am not aware of any deficiencies in any of us. Although I don't have the healthiest lifestyle overall, My dad does and he is the healthiest person I know. Always has good energy, very rarely gets sick, or has problems with digestion, sleeping, or anything else health related. I feel like I am about as healthy and energetic as the average person my age, and so is my girlfriend. Only thing I supplement is B12 occasionaly. So, to answer the original post I would say definitely no. Or at least, if they do, its not perceptible. Like with any diet, it comes down to research and common sense. Eat a wide variety of foods, eat a lot of whole foods and "super" foods (Eg. hemp hearts, berries, nuts, leafy vegetables) and you should be good on any diet in my opinion. 

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The most important function of cooking is to kill parasites.

Undeveloped tribes have massive parasite problems.

People in the developed world do not appreciate how bad parasites can get because we've virtually wiped them out with cooked and processed foods.

Imagine a foot long tape worm in your gut. That's what you get when you live off the land in some jungle.

It's imperative to focus on cleaning the terrain, then parasites become a thing of the past. Starving a parasite is possible, but there are herbs as well to take them out. Cooked food doesn't just kill parasites, when consumed it creates an environment in the the body for parasites to thrive....why? because the accumulation of acid/mucus forming foods builds up in the system, clogging the bathroom and creating all sorts of problems.   

Parasites live off the residues of starch, processed sugar, cooked fats, and putrefactive undigested animal products. When these undigested animal products remain in the intestines, mucoid plaque forms and causes malabsorption and parasite infestation 

Most people who seek to transition into full vegan or raw vegan lifestyle, it would be wise to go on one or multiple solid food vacations/juice fasts to starve out the parasites, clean the terrain, and strengthen the various weakened organs (adrenals/kidneys/thyroid) throughout the system. 

@Scholar second this, if any of you guys haven’t check out 

“GojiMan” on YouTube. He offers these kind of Gut biome tests and I’m not saying people should get them or anything. 

however, he’s actually a qualified nutritionist unlike most of the people on YouTube dishing out advice (including vegans) and done a load of videos on the trend of “Ex Vegan” YouTubers last year, it was pretty obvios most of them had underlying issues, including Gut, and a plant based diet covered it up for a while, then they turned to Fish and Eggs etc which again masked the problem.

He also has case studies of people that had and cured Gut issues on a vegan diet, without going back to meat and fish etc, hes honestly a great YouTuber, and isn’t just basing his findings of anecdotal evidence.

Theres sooooo many people giving out advice nowadays, I have no problem with people making a cookbook or something like that for a certain diet, but it’s the raw vegans or carnivores who make out their advice is the only right advice and give advice to young impressionable audiences who will believe every move, many people don’t think for themselves as we know. 

I was only 15 when I first went vegan and almost got caught in a vegan “fad” myself, as I was very impressionable, so whoever you guys trust do your research. 

oh and the debate on Joe Rogans channel with him, another guy and the creator of the documentary Game Changers is very insightful, if a bit too much mud slingy. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi