Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

SCARED of starting my first wage slavery job .

4 posts in this topic

I´ve been studying the last year to pass an exam to work on the postal services jobs of my country.

I started studying for this because by the time I was not focused and I didn´t know what to do with my life. I just knew I should get a job. But then I started self-actualizing and realized I want to get proffesional as a software developer to become an entrepreneur.

Now I am scared if I pass I´ll have to work on low-consciouss job, any advice to survive it before I can get a work in the tech industry? I am aware that the tech industry it´s also a wage slavery job but that industry I am focusing to get a job (start-ups) is full of entrepreneurship so that way I will be able to progress in my path and meet people alike.

Also I am scared of a physical labor job as a postal services could be,at least a tech job i know i will be sedentary it won´t be detrimental to my physical being.

@Javfly33 "Wage slavery" is a mental state.

Jobs that don't require too much thinking/creativity are the perfect spot for those who need to plan for their future but also need some form of remuneration. Your hands will be busy but your mind will be free. Make good use of your time.

unborn Truth

You're not obligated to take and keep working the job if you pass the exam. It's just a possibility you'll have. 

Sedentary jobs can be as detrimental to your, or more, as jobs with some physical labor involved. Think carpal tunnel syndrome, think how the body falls apart with a lack of exercise. 

Don't worry about working at the post office for a few months or longer, if you need to, as long as you don't give up on your other ambition. Don't worry about the next step and do the best you can on your exam. If you pass, it's a little success under your belt, in something you've been studying for. If you fail, you'll have to deal with failure. 

Edited by Elisabeth

23 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@Javfly33 "Wage slavery" is a mental state.

Jobs that don't require too much thinking/creativity are the perfect spot for those who need to plan for their future but also need some form of remuneration. Your hands will be busy but your mind will be free. Make good use of your time.

Man this is so beautiful advice, I SEE YOU!

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?