andyjohnsonman

Dave Rubin analysis

16 posts in this topic

After watching rebel wisdom with Rubin it got me thinking about a few important matters:

Rubin saw the problems with the left especially the identity politics and started to dabble with new ideas. He along with others such as Eric Weinstein coined the term The IDW. The IDW is now rejecting a lot of stage green and creating their own right-centre ideologies. However,He wanted to stop the culture wars by being able to have conversations in the same room with people who have alternate perspectives without fighting. Rubin clearly has no awareness of spiral dynamics like the interviewer Fuller has but sees the problem with greens ideology. I wonder if he is yellow as he fails to integrate green but has on guests who are blue and orange and slight greens and therefore can be considered a spiral wizard?

After watching this it made me wonder how yellow can handle maters like identity politics as after stage green there is no ideology so how do matters get resolved?  Seeing a more integrated approach to all the stages is good but how do you know what's next after identity politics if all you have is integration without an ideology? It seems yellow is more about integrating all the stages than actually coming up with a philosophy of how to do things. For example whats next after identity politics? Just more understanding? But then how do we make laws on what people can and cant say just based on understanding?

Edited by andyjohnsonman

@andyjohnsonman Be careful with Rubin. He's basically a stage orange commentator who saw more economic opportunity in pandering to stage blue conservatives. I don't think he's in it for anything other than fame and prosperity. I think following political commentators is toxic af, but i'm pretty sure there are more reliable people to follow that can critique the left without obvious pandering to conservatives.

I don't think there are many stage yellow political commentators. Even guys that get thrown around as informative media, like Michael Brooks or Sam Seder, are toxic green who demonize lower stages. Political commentary is mostly just different groups demonizing each other without much acceptance or tolerance of others' views and perspectives.

I got sucked into following a lot political commentary and it's really just toxic. Learn enough to be informed but don't get caught up into watching too much. Political commentators are not healthy, self-actualizing people. They're reactionaries with big egos. Both sides are guilty of this. Have you ever heard the saying you are the sum of the 5 people you spend the most time around. Don't make 1 of those people Dave Rubin or any other political commentator.

But according to the spiral dynamics model you go up in stages right? So he was green saw the limits of green and now has created a platform where he has guests from different stages of the spiral - Shapiro blue, JP Orange, Sam Harris Orange/green, Weinstein green. That would make him a spiral wizard

Yellow? Ha!

He's stuck in Orange with a big Green shadow.

He didn't see the limits of Green. Just as he started getting exposed to Green he couldn't handle it and doubled-down on Orange.

He is criticizing Green from below, not above.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@andyjohnsonman Ruben wasn't green. He was orange, who adopted green beliefs when he was apart of TYT. I don't think Dave Rubin's transition is based on conscious growth from one stage to another. He saw economic opportunity in the culture wars and so he exploited the intellectual conservative niche in online politics. I don't think spiral dynamics is the best model to describe Dave Rubin's behavior here.

6 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I don't think spiral dynamics is the best model to describe Dave Rubin's behavior here.

I think it describes his behavior very well.

Since a solid Orange person is very much driven by personal success and profit, it makes a lot of sense that Rubin would dump TYT and its values to start his own show and make a big name for himself speaking out against liberals as a gay dude.

It seems that Rubin's work at TYT was not based on deeply held Green values but a desire to make it in online media. Which is a very Orange thing. And that's exactly why he didn't fit in there and why he's doing his current show.

He wasn't developed enough to last at TYT.

This is easily evidenced by his last of understanding of Green values and his libertarianism.

@Leo Gura I meant to describe his transition from TYT(green) to his new show (Orange/Blue). This isn't an example of someone moving up the spiral and growing consciously. I mean sure his behavior is typical orange going after money and fame.

I don't disagree with what you said.

Edited by Raptorsin7

4 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I meant to describe his transition from TYT(green) to his new show (Orange/Blue).

If you put a stage Orange person in a Green environment, they are likely to not fit in and have falling out. Which is what happened.

Spiral Dynamics is not so simplistic as to say that if you put an Orange person into a higher environment he will automatically grow into it. Many people will have a backlash and entrench themselves in their old stage.

If TYT hired a white supremacist, he would probably quit in short order and start his own white supremacy YT channel.

@Leo Gura Yea i agree with all that.

I hope someone can actually do effectively what Dave Rubin tried to do. Critique the left from above, without turning into a right wing shill like Rubin. So much nonsense coming out of channels like TYT and Majority Report.

Ok fair-enough i can see that. I've been following Rebel Wisdom over the last year and they are really all about integral. They had Kew Wilber on who agreed that the IDW are a new emerging integral stage and he talks about the problems with toxic stage green. However, I can see that Rubin probably had an ego backlash to green.

How would yellow handle maters like identity politics from above green? Without an ideology how can you enforce rules?

11 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

So much nonsense coming out of channels like TYT and Majority Report.

Lol

Society is 50 years out from mastering the basics of what they talk about, and you want something higher?

A Yellow person has better things to do than criticizing TYT and Majority Report.

@Leo Gura Lol. Good luck with political analysis that demonizes 90% of the country as bigots and racists. Let's see how that works out ;)

3 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Leo Gura Lol. Good luck with political analysis that demonizes 90% of the country as bigots and racists. Let's see how that works out ;)

That's your strawman of what they say. They never actually say 90%. More like 25%. Which is about right.

Yes, they demonize the right too much sometimes. How else could Green be?

Racism is a serious issue which the country has not yet fully addressed. There's a lot of denial going around about it still. People like to think they are more developed than they actually are.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's your strawman of what they say. They never actually say 90%. More like 25%. Which is about right.

Whatre your thoughts on reverse racism? My sister, cousin and their friends perceive every negative action done by a white person to them as racism (they are minorities) and then they call the white person bad, racist people which ironically that assumption itself which is racist... because sometimes there arent any factors that automatically signal that it was racism 

Edited by d0ornokey

1 hour ago, d0ornokey said:

Whatre your thoughts on reverse racism?

It's a small factor but nothing worth worrying about.

BTW, reverse racism is just racism. Racism doesn't only apply to white people. Anyone can be racist.

Conservatives love to use the notion of reverse racism to argue that nothing needs to be done about racism or that racism doesn't exist. Which is just hogwash.