Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

Past Lives

3 posts in this topic

Past lives are an interesting thing because not many people have them - including people who do a lot of consciousness work. But some do, and those that do don't really describe them.

It's sort of a strange concept. Why would past lives occur? Are you implying that we go through reincarnations? But if so how do you know that reincarnation exists?

Well I just had an experience before going to bed. There's no real standardised way of classifying experiences, because everyone can literally call an experience whatever they want. But...

After the experience, the first words, without a doubt, without any slight hesitation, was definitely "past life".

What was it? Well we all have memories of our past. Some of the memories don't feel that real(can't tell whether it was a real memory or a memory from a dream) some are like that but not all. Some memories feel very real. They immerse entire consciousness, make you feel like you are literally going back in time. Almost as if it's happening right now.

These real memories, make sense, they align with your ego structure, other past memories, basically all of the beliefs about your entire worldview.

This memory I had just then was also very real, more real than the real memories. But strangely enough, it did not align with any other memories, my ego structure, or current beliefs. 

Funnily enough this experience does not directly imply reincarnations. Instead it sort of implies there are literally many lives all happening at once in the present moment. And I just got a quick view of one. But apart from that this experience did not imply that after we die we go to another life, or we have a soul or any crap you hear about past lives. In fact it was very metaphysical and not personal to me at all. 

Another interpretation was God's imagination had a bit of a hiccup and it made a completely unrelated event appear in consciousness. That's also what it felt like... like the world just randomly changed to a different movie for some reason lol, then went back to this one accidentally.

Anyway if this is what they call past lives, this is very different to what they say. 

@electroBeam Since it's all One, everyone had past lives, because everyone is the same being. 

I like assuming that with each reincarnation we move towards a higher consciousness life. But, what if God wants to move backwards? Will I live next a more delusional/hellish life? (I'd like to reincarnate into a Harry Potter universe lol, though it has greater possibility for suffering)

Another thought. Low consciousness folk might be scared during death and quickly reincarnate back into illusion. What if the goal is to reincarnate/grow until you aren't scared of your true nature anymore?!

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

@electroBeam I wondered about that myself. Never had these types of memories of a previous life so I don't know what these experiences consists of.

I'm currently contemplating this:

The ocean consists of many waves. Can one wave recollect that it's been another wave? Can it ever be something other than this particular wave? The essence of the waves are the same, the ocean. Could this essence transmit information about the other waves to one specific wave?

The ocean recognizes that it is all waves that is coming and going, they all are one with the ocean.

No real answers here. Just writing down my thoughts about this.