Average Investor

Creating an extraordinary life

331 posts in this topic

I am actually ahead on bills and everything right now even after starting to travel and source inventory. I tried out spending the money in advance and just letting it flow instead of worrying about it and it seemed to work out really well. I think that I am going to keep following this kind of principle with it. Living less with a mindset of a shortage and getting the things I need to prosper. 

I know for sure that I want to give it all I got right now on reselling to maximize my income coming into 4th quarter. I really feel like I could do anything it seems like. I feel so powerful and well rounded compared to how I use to be. I feel incredibly calm and focused on whatever it is that I want to do. I know for right now financially that this is the best decision for me. I am going to give it my best effort and get my income soaring up. It has already had a big spike. I just started working on expanding my business onto Amazon now too, which is exciting. I am going to start setting up a system that will hopefully aim to put my products on 10 different platforms at least by the end of summer, so I am ready for 4th quarter. 

I still wonder a bit with the life purpose stuff of what I want to do. I know for right now it is best for me to put my focus in on what is working. I really love driving and traveling to the sales. I feel so at peace and just my mood with it all is great. I feel like things will come to me in time for the direction that I want to go. I need to keep exploring and learning a lot of new things. It will surely help if I have a good amount of funding behind me to do what I want to pursue, when the time comes as well. 

I need to contemplate more on a vision for myself. I have been thinking of a 1 year plan a lot and I seem to be aligning with it quite a bit. I find it strange with working on the youtube thing. I suppose me chosing something with the least resistance is not the best for me lol. I mean this thing itself seems to have a lot against me to do it. I like the speaking and this work. I feel like I am probably just having some backlash to moving up the spiral a bit possibly too is why I feel like seeking the reselling more. Looking at it logically though this is the best possibly thing for me to do right now to position myself better. If I want to go for a life purpose it will be much harder without more finances taken care of. It is just finding a balance on what is the best for me. I also don't have reselling. I really like doing this work. Something about driving around lately puts me in almost a meditative state that just feels great.

I kind of wonder if it is bad for me at this point to build attraction to girls. I noticed a girl working at costco the other day and she quickly looked away from me, when I looked in her and I figured she had some attraction to me if she was doing that. She was actually pretty cute. When she had finished putting my groceries in the cart we both said have a good day at the same time, then looked into each others eyes for probably like 10 seconds and smiled (with masks lol). I just went on about my business after that, without a word. I have to admit that I kind of wonder if that hurt her feelings because I did not do anything with that. I mean there was obvious attraction there, but I am not really itching to go out on a date or anything really. I mean I would hope she felt good about that, but I don't really know. I would not bother if that would just hurt their feelings. I don't know. Maybe one of these times I will ask for their number. I am just not really in a rush and don't really have a motive to do that. I feel like I have a lot of inner work to still do and not only that, but getting my finances and stuff straight before I really bother. I feel like a relationship would just hold me back and this point. I don't want to just have sex with them either. 

$1,256.00 out of $6000 IRA contribution

$1,200 out of $3,000 savings 

20 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Back healing

Having a day to rest

Feeling more secure financially 

Seems as if I never have a lot of time. Getting back into my sleeping schedule tonight though at the least. I got a big task done of my reselling list today and it makes me still feel like I have the ball rolling well. I did really well on a gamble I bough for an old computer I could not open too. It looked junky on the outside, but I figured since someone had customized it was an old gaming pc and I was right. Just one part off it would double my money, but there is plenty of good stuff in it and it looked like 4 hard drives, which the 90s ones can get like $25 ea it seems like. I am going to just try to get it to work and sell it whole if I can though. I got a lot of other good stuff I am starting to sort right now. Sales are doing well and it seems like I have the ball rolling well. Hopefully these few larger sales go well and I will definitely be getting ahead now. 

I still kind of feel like making someone videos, but I definitely feel a lot of time restrain with how much I have to do with reselling at least for right now. I know for sure I need some high output at least while it is still garage sale season and stuff is the cheapest. I will see how things go and who knows I might take time off reselling and work on that in the future. I just have to see where I am at with what I want to do. 

I feel kind of weak today it seems like. Possibly slightly sick, but not too sure. That has definitely put a bit of a damper on my energy. I was feeling sick this weekend a bit too now that I think about it. Hopefully my energy picks back up. I need to work on getting myself a better time schedule, but who knows maybe my issue is being too strict to a schedule and routine all the time. I mean the morning routine is excellent if I nail it time wise. But maybe more of my day should be with just how I feel at that time. 

20 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Getting my old car up for sale! Really needed to get on that for awhile 

Getting a roll on some new inventory

Feeling optimistic 

Definitely not getting the time into reselling I would like this week, but I suppose it would be for the best. I want to crank it out the next couple of days, so I can get some fresh inventory on Friday. Working on resetting my sleeping schedule again and I did get up on time today and well. I feel a bit better also. I am starting to wonder if there is an item in my smoothie that makes me feel fatigued. I felt fine, then drank it, but I also drink a ton of it and it usually gets me quite full mixed with a lot of nuts. I might try to do a test to see if removing an item here and there will make me feel any different. Once I hit dinner though a couple hours later it is not an issue, so I will see if this even persists. 

I actually did a semi impromptu speech in front of people I did not know on Zoom today and it went really well. I was requested to come speak about toast masters and I did an good job. I was really focused on my words and I did not seem to use any fillers and I made up the end part of it as I went! I did not write down anything for it, but I had the idea going in my mind of what I was going to do. The last part was all impromptu and I really killed it. I am starting to get quite good at doing this. 

20 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Waking up early

Progress 

Got good games in the haul that I did not notice 

3 hours ago, Average Investor said:

I am starting to get quite good at doing this. 

Good to hear! 

Keeping myself at a really high pace with the reselling business. I am going to go through with maxing this out I think going into Christmas time. I want to be in a better financial position and this is going to put me there. I am still going to be open to changing the route I am going, but it will be much easier to evolve this. It is something that I can put a lot of time into and contentiously have rewards from it even if I slow down on it. Right now is the time for me to strike for sure. I am still really liking this though right now. I have had some incredible luck with finding items lately. I found close to $3,000 worth of inventory for about $300. 

I am going to try to kick it into gear to get a video up this week if I can. I am going to work and outline a speech. I have been really off from this work it seems like lately. Strangely it seems as if I am not getting less done though as I am not really in my head about it. I am just kind of going with the flow on things right now. I feel really good and energetic. I am not sure what is over me, but I just feel a lot of drive to really put in the work and I feel great about it. 

I have been doing a good amount of research on supplements lately and making a lot of good progress. Really raising the standards of the quality of stuff I take plus adding in good stuff. I am moving towards mostly taking pure supplements. My diet is getting even better lately too with a good addition of a lot of high quality greens. I tried out some L-theanine today again for this first time in months and it went well. I felt like the effects were not super long, but they were noticeable with 200mg. I might try it once every 1-200 weeks. Funny enough with buying it pure for $15 I got 500 servings of that and it was at very high quality. Buying that in pill form that type of money would have got me a small fraction of that for that much money. 

My habits are going pretty well aside from the journal posts. I feel like I don't really have a lot of time to even browse here or do much on this site, but I am going to try to make more entries. It would be nice to help some people on here if I can too. I am doing really good with meditating right when I wake up as well. I am cutting out any phone use for the first hour of the day as well. 

20 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Rest day

Reading

Recovery 

Going to stay on focus going into this week. I want to clear up as much space that I can and get the most leverage for my time that I can. I am starting to build some really efficient processes and getting more out of my time. I am trying to get rid of my other car and just move out as much stuff as I can. I want to make everything organized and efficient. I want to minimize the stuff I don't need anyway. I only need the one car for my business anyway. I am going to save all of the money from my stuff that I sell extra too. It will be a nice boost to the savings. 

The more I am going into the autobiography of a yogi I am seeing more of the possibility with this kyia yoga. For some reason lately I have just hit such a deep state of flow with my life while doing this practice. I am not as attached to emotions or the reactions of others. I notice my contemplation is ramping up a bit too. I was not really able to contemplate deeper topics there for quite a bit, but I am doing a lot of what is death lately and it is strange. I think of what it might be like to actually die and what actually dies. It's strange to think of reality in a way that it is not so much me as maybe I am just like perception or something? I think I might read the book of not knowing next, but I might do a lighter read in between.  

I have a shower filter coming to get rid of chlorine and I am going to try adding in Spirulina into my diet. I am going to work towards getting a juicer next and I still want a better water system. I am taking as much action as I can and I am trying to invest more and more into this. My diet is getting super refined, but I want to find even more super foods and add them in. I am actually starting to enjoy a lot of the healthier stuff and the taste is not an issue. I actually managed to find some really good organic hot sauce too! I still want to make my own in the future too. 

20 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Rest

Playing chess for the first time! ( I think) Was a lot of fun

Back into my workout routine 

I think this is the right direction for me at the moment. I feel so energetic and on top of things. I do debate on making videos. I think my biggest issue is just not knowing what exactly I want to do. I think just using it for speaking practice is the best route for now. I feel short on time, but I really only work on reselling for maybe 5 hours per day. I am working the whole time right now though and really making some serious progress. I am probably brewing a batch of close to 30 large times to put up for sale! That is a significant amount for me. Considering the fact that all are cleaned thoroughly, tested, and will be professionally photos, then price check and listed. I am sheering away from smaller batches I think from now on for me to maximize my results. 

I want to get back on track with life purpose stuff this weekend and spend more time exploring that. I am redoing some stuff and just seeing how things have changed for me. I know that my answers were telling me to do the video type stuff, but I don't really know. I know that I want to have a specific niche and make something valuable. I feel like even with my reselling it can only be so valuable really. I mean most people could go do it, but it does require a lot of drive and knowledge to form something worthwhile. Comparing that to have my own branding or something like that it would not come close in the long term in terms of value. Sure, I can scale to larger things, more employees, larger space, and more expensive items. It isn't like I could not make a good living doing it. Especially seeing how things are now the future is even better because less and less people will likely return to brick and mortars. It would be better to do something unique while I am here for this time. For now I am not complaining though. I just need to keep this on my mind, so I am not just getting sucked in by money. For now money will be excellent though for my future progress. 

This autobiography is giving me a bit to think about for sure. I had found a guy on JRE with similar interests in this stuff and his own content seemed to kind of resonate. I'm not sure that I am looking for a religion per say, but I will keep my mind open to things. It seems all of the spiritual work in general is worth pursuing. It is just hard to know what I want. I am not sure how to go about getting enlightened if I want that. I a mean I do kryia yoga daily and have excellent eating practices and such. I do a lot of meditative driving now, which seems to put me on a much better level. I am just not sure. I don't really know enough about this stuff to look at it from a intellectual standpoint. I also don't have a big grasp on it implicitly I suppose too. I think I have had a partial awakening to infinity though and my 3 years of meditating is starting to really have some pay offs. It has been tough for sure though. I think I am going to expand to more kriya yoga practices and study some more of this stuff though in books. 

20 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Getting stuff moved around and processed 

Finding a few good things 

Getting a lot done today 

10 hours ago, Average Investor said:

can you explain what this means, thanks 

@Nak Khid An IRA is an individual retirement account. As for the numbers that is my progress towards the goal. 

thanks, was trying to figure out what the numbers meant

Getting a lot of stuff done. I have a really strong flow of inventory coming in right now too. I think this was by far the best choice for me to make doing this right now. I just need to keep at it and not fall off in my consistency. I am going to rest well this weekend and get prepared to go at it again next week. I am finding such good stuff it is unbelievable for me. My inventory up for sale is expanding really fast too. I am really getting the hang of this system and keeping things in place. I think the plan will be to list as much as possible, then I am going to try to get the shopify and any other platform I can get on live. 

I am getting very good at controlling my reactions. I notice that I run into negative situations usually once while I am out sourcing. The way I handle it is excellent. It shows how much progress I have made with myself. I notice that I am not really ruminating about stuff much at all currently either. My state is just amazing. I feel like I am in a slight meditative state while I am out sourcing and it gives me so much power. 

I set up the shower filter today and it seems to actually work. I did notice a bit of a difference in how the water would feel. I am sure all of the results are not just going to happen from one shower though lol. I am hoping that my skin will feel a lot better (it already is amazing from improving diet etc). This will be one of the last things I think really holding it back. I am going to keep investing into myself and my business as much as I can. I need to get the spirulina next as I canceled the other because it was not organic. 

Time to catch up on some much needed rest. I worked a lot today. 

20 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Finding really good stuff

Consistency 

Feeling good 

Finished another autobiography of a yogi! That was a really good book. I can see why Steve Jobs recommended it so highly. I might eventually read the biography of Gandhi that was recommended in it. I am going to read into toxins and health stuff next as a break from a few of these types of a books. I think this one will be a quicker read too. 

Sales really picked up. I was able to put up almost 50 items on Friday and they are selling fast. I am going to work on some new strategies for reselling. I am really working the space I have right now and redoing a lot of my storage systems. I am going to be able to store way more stuff. I am almost at 15K worth of items listed, which is a good stable amount of stuff to sell. Of course I am selling items too, so I have to continue to list to keep the number high. I want to reach at least 30k by christmas time though. I don't think that will be an issue at the rate I am going though. If I can keep up energy wise I should surpass that without an issue. I have an suv full and a ton of stuff sitting on the sidelines to go a this week. I will be busy for sure. 

The shower filter was a really good investment. I am less itch now and that has helped my mediation quite a bit. I know I can do a lot more research on this stuff and really refine how I live. It seems like there is so many things that we don't even think about that harm us daily. I for sure still want to do juicing, better water purifier, and I still need the spirulina. The actual stuff I am eating is great quality too. I have spent a lot of time researching it. 

$1,400 out of $3,000 savings 

21 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Reading over 140 pages! 

Relaxing

Great weather 

Working really hard into the week. I think I might need to change when I do these because it is usually too late to write them. This is by far the most stuff that I have be able to move at once. I am thinking that my sales goals should be really obtainable. I am still pacing myself well and not over doing it. I have a lot of tasks at hand to take care of though right now.  A lot of stuff that needs to be worked on. I really need to clean and organize a lot this week before I get more inventory. I need to really bust through these expensive items as well. It will be interesting to see how my income changes going at it this much. I feel really good with it right now. 

I might have found some potential for a life purpose. I notice that I am super interested in health stuff. I am reading a book about toxin stuff right now and I am really into it. I have done tons of research on diet etc. I am able to really follow this stuff and learn a lot from it. I see a lot of potential to really heal people with alternative medicine too. I am not really sure how this would look in practice, but is an idea. It seems to pair my idea of maybe a healthy food company. I feel like most people want their "doctor" to have a degree. It's ironic because the stuff they teach does not really get to the root cause of the issues. It is something to ponder. I know I would not want to do a bunch of school for stuff I would not use though. 

Going to try to make some deeper changes with my toxin intake. Doing a lot of research on it at the moment. I seem to already avoid most of the preventable stuff. The biggest issue I run into is just the contact with plastic. Plastic is literally everywhere anymore. I am going to work on being a lot more mindful of the places I go as well. I am going to invest into some more gear slowly but surely to rid myself of more toxins. I am going to work on some more detox stuff in the near future too. 

21 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Getting a good amount done with limited time

Sticking with toast masters

Good sales considering it is a bit slow 

Completely redid my photo set up today and now I can easily photograph large items with the white background. This was a pretty big upgrade for me to finally have. I want to get another light going and I think it will be excellent. I have come really far with the quality of my listings and stuff. I am looking to have over 50-60 items cleaned, tested, pictured, and ready to list this week. That is really good considering some are large and did a few repairs. I am going through an suv full a week it seems and keeping pace. My work balance is really good. I still feel like getting in a good amount of work even at the end of the day and I am not tired with it. 

Going to do some more detox stuff in the near future. I am going to start working on minimizing my exposure to toxins as much as possible too. Going to work on replacing a lot of chemicals and such with as many alternatives as possible. I got myself some work gloves, so I stop touching plastic as much too. That will be a bit of a start. I am debating on using a small air purifier in my car too since I found one the other day lol. It is mind boggling how much stuff people are exposed to. I am going to keep researching this stuff and see what I can do. I am going to work on storing a lot of my bulk stuff in glass now too. 

Still having some trouble getting into deep contemplation. I think I might read the book of not knowing soon and see how I can improve. I think if I can get this down better I would see much better results even from trips. Speaking of which I feel very stabilized from my last one with it being over my two month wait I usually do. I am going to wait to do anything with my working so hard right now. I think where I am at physically and mentally right now is just ideal and I don't want to push that stuff for a bit. I have had quite a few trips already this year anyway. A break would be much needed a feel and it will be nice to not be as much of a high and low feeling periods, but more stabilized. That said though I am going to go for a more intense trip next trip next time I do with a day of meditation in preparation. 

21 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Really good book

Daily progress

Efficiency 

Took the day off today, so that was much needed. I think that my body is detoxing some stuff as I seem to have the signs of it doing so from what I am learning. I am going to go through a much more through detox program soon, which is exciting. I hope that I can clear up a lot of my brain fog and get more energy. I am sure there is plenty of toxins to remove. For anyone reading this read the book the toxin solution. 

I am going to partner with my younger sister on a smaller business venture. It ties a bit into what I am doing already anyway. I gave her the option to 50/50 with me. I don't want to take advantage of the situation for sure though. I want to be mindful with what I am doing with it and how I am going about it. None the less it will be fun. She seems to have some good ideas and keeps up with the trends and such. I have a good amount of business skill and can sell stuff well, so I think it will be fun. I typically avoid any partners, but I could see how we would mutually benefit each other. It will be small time for sure, but who knows with results we might really make something of it. 

Going to work on setting a better sleeping schedule. I need to work more on limiting some electronic stuff. I notice that I am probably too focused on doing everything and not taking some time to just have a little fun. I need to give myself some opportunity to just watch some entertainment and stuff. It probably is not good to just be always into business etc. 

I notice a good chunk of brain fog lately and I notice it a lot lately while speaking. I assume it is from detoxing though. Just something for me to note here as I do want to investigate it more if it persists longer. 

21 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Relaxing

Excellent weather 

Good sales 

I am putting in a ton of work lately. I worked like 10 hours yesterday! I felt really good and into it while doing it. I felt like I could just keep going and going. I am really starting to get some serious work in. I am still planning on keeping up this kind of output into september. I have 12 large costco storage tubs worth of space and more room I could fill for inventory. I think I might be able to list nearly $5,000 worth of items this week! I have been doing a ton of cleaning and testing to get ready to do this though. So that took a week or so as it is. I imagine I would net like $2,500 from that, but still that is really good. I am not sure on the exact worth of them yet, but I would guess at least that. 

Slacking a bit on my entries here. I have been in complete work mode right now. The only thing with that is that I feel as if I am not thinking enough about other life factors. I feel like I really need to get to a better financial state though. I am really willing to put in the work to get there. I will find a balance after this month or so. I am probably going to hold off on trips and such to help keep myself at maximum energy and emotional state. Once I am more in my cool off period I will be fine with tripping and stuff again. I just don't want to lose sight of the opportunity I have right now. This might be a good shot for me to get the money I want for a property or to move! I will think about it once I get there though and who knows an opportunity might just arise. 

Going to work on trying to be honest with everything I do. I am mostly an honest person, but I mean with even the little things. Even if it disadvantages me to tell the truth. I am already getting pretty close, but it is something for me to keep working on. I am going to keep working a lot of nutrition as well. Going to be doing a detox soon.

21 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Awesome weather 

Feeling great 

High energy 

I think part of my issue is the fact that I just over think what I want to do instead of letting it just happen. I was re-watching Leo's video on the counter intuitive nature of life and this one seemed to click for me. At the same time I do think that I want to start reading some books on strategic thinking. I think there will be a good balance between both of this. I don't think that I will simply get what I want in life by just letting it happen, but at the same time it kind of needs to happen. I am going to work on taking better video notes too. I have a set up in one note, but I have not been consistent with it enough. I realize that I am missing out on a lot of the stuff or even just forgetting it because of that. 

Going to be up early tomorrow and be ready for show time. I have a more refined strategy for getting better items and I think that I am going to come out with some really good stuff tomorrow. It feels great to be able to spend this type of money on inventory and still what I need for bills and all of that. I need to crank out some extra cash this up coming month and I am going to knock out as much financial stuff that will come in the way. After September I really want to invest in all of my poster stuff. 

I am going to try to make a video, when I get the chance. It seems like I have just been in a daze with reselling. The videos are just for fun, but I do feel like I dropped my commitment to them. Part of me feels like I should just keep my mind on one business at a time. Which to be fair I am really seeing the results here. I would say though that even the videos had improved so much while I had been doing them. I will still keep it in mind as something I want to do. I just know for the next few months at minimum that reselling needs to be a top priority. 

21 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Great weather 

Good advice 

Feeling very good 

Spent the day meditating yesterday and it was great. I really need to set aside the time to do that again soon. It is really easy to build up resistance to it, but once I am finally in it things go so well. My habits are going really well it seems like. I want to work on sticking my more intense workout in more often though. 

Sitting here and realizing just how good my life can be from this work. It seems unfair that I can live so happily and enjoy life while many others struggle with so many things that keep them stuck. I don't want to take this for granted. I want to make something worthwhile while I am here. It was so nice to have some time to sit and reflect this weekend. Maybe I can get myself to go for it next weekend too. 

Going to work on adding in more ways to reduce toxins in my life. I want to stick to being a lot healthier. There is so many more complex distinctions to make once you start taking health more seriously. So many little things in every day life that is harmful and toxic, but slips by unnoticed. I am going to work on being less cheap in my health as well. 

$2,400 out of $3,000 savings (might have to bump this up a bit!)

21 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Selling spare car!!

Feeling great

Relaxing 

Made some pretty big progress with contemplation. I actually had some resistance to an idea of existence from it. I am getting a bit more in depth with it. Most days are not too significant though. I try to spend some time thinking about a vision of what I would like to do too. My meditation is going excellent right now. That reset on the weekend was exactly what I needed. 

My business is doing really well. I am still finding really good stuff right now and am just putting in a lot of work. Need to get stuff listed as much as I can though. It feels great to have savings and a lot of good inventory in stock. I am definitely starting to see some dividends from my work in this business. I think this 4th quarter is going to be amazing. 

Feel a bit sick maybe from too much detoxing type food. Not too sure though with that. I would guess that might be the case since a lot of the stuff I am eating is promoting that. I don't expect to feel at peak condition all the time though anyway. 

Starting to read radical honesty today. I think will probably pair well with me working towards being as honest as I can. I am definitely on the right track though I believe. Only a chapter in though, so don't have much of an opinion on it. It seems like a good book though so far. 

$2,400 out of $3,000 savings 

22 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Getting stuff listed 

Working on my situation 

Good fortune