Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Is it dangerous too much POTASSIUM?

9 posts in this topic

Im changing my diet and introducing a lot of bananas and avocados. Both of these have plenty of potassium. Could it be dangerous for my kidneys that I eat a lot of potassium daily?

Edited by Javfly33

@Javfly33 No problem. Try to mix in some other delicious fruits and veggies while you are at it, so you don't get bored. Although I am not so sure I can get bored of avocados.  Best of luck. 

My grandma recently told me her doctor (or someone...?) told her that too much avocado's can affect kidneys as well.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

You will be fine, stay hydrated, do a little exercise a day, eat all the fruit you want. The body excretes excess and absorbs only what's needed.

Its far too intelligent to cause harm that easy but if you get from processed foods and supplements then that's a different story because the body was never designed for those.

Stay wise, keep it simple :)

B R E A T H E

with so many available fruits out there, who not go for a variety rather than mono fruiting.  Bananas aren't as high in Potassium as people think anyway. But to get a best variety of vitamins and phytochemicals go for the whole lot :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

with so many available fruits out there, who not go for a variety rather than mono fruiting.  Bananas aren't as high in Potassium as people think anyway. But to get a best variety of vitamins and phytochemicals go for the whole lot :)

Yeah avocados have way more pottasium than bananas you right.

I mainly focused on those two because of the calorie intake, the rest of fruits I like to eat but not a lot since for me it just seems im eating water and sugar haha, with avocados I feel i am getting more energy/nutrient than just fructose+water

5 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

it just seems im eating water and sugar

you know fruits are way more than just fructose and water and few vitamins right?  There are thousands of phytochemicals that each influence different systems in the body, feed cells, feed the mitochondria, scavenge free radicals, suppress inflammation, stimulate enzymatic production...oh boy I could go on and on :D 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus