Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonasVE12

Investing in courses to start online business?

10 posts in this topic

I would think it's strategic to invest in courses from business guru's such as eben pagan when wanting to start an online business. The thing is that I currently don't have a lot of money, but I'm willing to work and save money to get such courses so I can have a map so I know how to go about starting this online business. I want to create information products and sell them. 

The thing is that it's hard to find high quality online business courses. Do you think eben pagan's courses are worth it? Are business courses in general worth it, or can you find such information online, or in books? Or can't you really compare the free information out there to information from people who already are succesful in business? 

Vet hard. There's far too many fakers selling you on how to sell on a beach mucking donuts and drinking martinis. Tai lopez for example who yes is miw rich but was couch surfing selling programs when broke with rented lambo on garage or Airbnb mansion posing if its his. 

Eben Pagan is good. Its not easy. I have a few buddies doing e-com. None are rich. They live the digital Nomad lifestyle. I think ones around 50k usd. They got rich ass mentors. They self learned to code. Self learn. The technology keeps changing. One would be rich but government regulations changed. 

On the solo-preneur path. The struggle is real lol. What are your strengths? Stay in your lane. Network. Play to your talents. Read Seth Godin, Naseem Taleb, Tim Ferris and others. Execute. 9/10 businesses fail. My buddies do 16* hour days. Others have done all nighters. I've seen it kill his health, hair, and social life. 

Its not free. If it goes tits up, he has no backup, retirement, cv work history that's relevant or any government education. Its all or nothing. And i have a day job lol.. 

Good luck man. 

Edited by Meetjoeblack

You can find something working and just copy it if you want to make money. Look how he is getting you to want to buy his course in the first place. You don't need to pay for anything. With that said there is a lot of excellent information you could purchase out there in the form of books and what not. Courses could be good, but really depends on the integrity of the creator of the product. 

I think that you might be quickly deciding to go into this field as a reaction to the pregnancy you mentioned on your other thread. Really take the time to contemplate what you want to do. You're in college, so what are you pursuing there and why? What do you want to teach about and why?

If you just want to get rich or pull together money there is a lot of jobs for that as well. Although, I believe business is one of the better routes for long term prosperity and self sufficiency.

Edited by Average Investor

@Average Investor It’s not an impulsive reaction to the pregnancy. I’m someone who loves to create. Today, there’s a huge digital revolution. Everyone is seeking help on the internet for their problems. 

I recently delved deep into nutrition and health because I had severe ADD and chronic fatigue. I saw a HUGE improvements after implementing strategies to detox heavy metals, changing diet, introducing vitamine and mineral supplements where I was deficiënt in, and also introducing Some herbs and adaptogens. My mental ability and energy levels increased dramatically.

The world needs hollistic medicine. Not doctors describing pills to cover up symptoms. I want to integrate hollistic medicine into an online business, as Well have a physical Office where people can meet me and get coaching to improve their health. 

I also have ideas to make other information products, build multiple online businesses around them. Such as dating, social interaction, learning guitar, self improvement topics, ..

I have worked a lot on these ideas so they are not vague unrealistic ideas in my mind.

and yes, there’s a lot of low quality products out there, with generic information. I’m aware. The thing with eben pagan is that I read he’s got a good reputation here and has helped Leo quite a lot in his journey to build this business. My intuition says that his products are worth it. It would be wise to invest in that as it gives you a very clear map to build an online business as he has done it multiple times and earns millions selling information products. And of course I notice how I’m justifyng buying his product right now, but I don’t wanna be idealistic and not buy it because of principles. 

Eban's courses are good, but personally I wouldn't buy them. His advice over-time has become the generic information.

Course building niche is one of the hardest to enter unless you are doing something unique, like Mindvalley or Leo.

5 hours ago, Girzo said:

Eban's courses are good, but personally I wouldn't buy them. His advice over-time has become the generic information.

Course building niche is one of the hardest to enter unless you are doing something unique, like Mindvalley or Leo.

Any piece of the pie is better than going to work you dread everyday. I don't think there's a easy way about it. Its hard to have your business and harder to go to work with office politics and little or no promo but the carrots dangled. 

I remember chasing a job or a promotion. Getting it and my first thought was, now what? 

@JonasVE12 Great, I am glad that you are pursing something you are passionate about. It sounds like you already have you answer on buying the product. 

@Girzo All it takes is the right positioning to get seen and you can sell the products. For OPs health issues he has curbed it is possible he could easily build out of a little niche dedicated right around that. I use to sell products like OP is describing although more low conscious and did just fine in a crowded market. 

Fuck, i bang with psychedelics. I want to tap into the following. I have seen several programs but few are that good. Anybody selling you on how to sell, living on a beach, and drinking is a fraud. Not to be trusted. 

I was watching a vblog and a guy was saying if I made you a million, you would not mind giving me 300k. The guy in the audience said he would give it all and more if he could replicate it again and again. 

Its annoying how important money is and how useless it is when we go to the next place/ hit the old dusty trail. I don't know about you fellas but it feels like a abstract puzzle. Some pieces fit. Many don't. Lots of late nights and spinning my wheels. I hear everyone successful goes through the process. 

What I am learning is that, the new rich are untethered from the office and are just living in such a manner that they are content. Living in a minimalist manner seems to be key. 

I enjoyed Neil Patel and others like Eben Pagan. There's a lot of guys who are snake oil salesman. Guys like tai lopez. Be warned. Most are selling you on how to sell. A lot of drop shipping and garbage courses. If you have any experience with sales, you can make a lot of money.