-Rowan

How has the Life Purpose Course changed your life?

25 posts in this topic

@Michael569

I was wondering today - it's been like 2 years, when I first started doing Leo's course and 1 year after I finished it.

I made huge progress in this time, that's for sure. My question is - when do you think you'll be ready to start your bussiness, whatever it is?

Like - how to determine the moment when you can honestly say to yourself - "ok, right now I'm ready to start it". 

I don't mean marketing knowledge (that too ofc), but more like - if my purpose is starting self-development YouTube channel, what would you say I have to accomplish to be ready for that, reliable is the best word here I guess.

@28 cm unbuffed I think only you know answers to those questions. 

Will you ever be completely ready? Absolutely not.  

Should you start your channel already? Probably yes

You'll probably learn along the way and it is expected that first videos will be low quality, we don't strive for perfection but to put ourselves out there and share what we have to share with whoever is interested. Lot of people are not bothered by the quality as long as you have something interesting to say. And ...I mean what's the worst that will happen...you won't get a lot of views. So what, most channels never do. You can tweak your content and carry on. You don't need millions of views. 

In my field, I am qualifying to become a nutritional therapist. Got around 7 more months to go till I am legally licensed and qualified to work with people. Till that it's mostly forums, instagram, practicing on family and friends and stuff like that.  I'm starting to read about marketing and how to create business plan, manage clients, creating my first handouts etc. 

I think it is important to just go ahead and test the waters. You don't need any qualification for youtube channel and if you desire some, you can get it along the way. Create first few videos, post them online and see what the response is. Always be open to any feedback and don't expect perfection. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Just now, 28 cm unbuffed said:

Great advices man, my main issue right now is - I don't have a fucking girlfriend or money and for most of the people that's the indicator if you are developed or not. 

In materialistic orange circles....maybe. More conscious people are not necessarily bothered by someone not having a girlfriend or shit load of cash. Personally I get discouraged by self-help experts flashing their millions, cars and trophy girls. To me, that is an undeveloped child that is just starting to get their materialistic needs met.  That being said, what is preventing you from getting a better-paid job? 

In terms of girlfriend, she shouldn't be there just as an icon for your social validation. A relationship needs to go further than that. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 08/01/2020 at 11:01 PM, Flowerfaeiry said:

Showed me how to find my life purpose (obviously). Which was so very important to me but I was totally lost on how to discover it. I now have a real direction in life :) feels so so good. It worked too, I am building my life purpose now. 

Care to share more? I cant fathom life purpose and entrepreneurship. It seems to coincide or at least it feels like it. I must start.