TheUniverseIsLove

The Purpose Of The Niche

3 posts in this topic

Today as I was driving my car in the city I noticed the rain drops tapping gently on my windshield. I could sense my niche in the world, and in that moment I felt eternal. I felt my relationship to the world co-exist with it's relationship to me. Non-duality at it's finest, I suppose.

I feel these moments often. I feel them while reading, while meditating, chatting with friends, with a lover, while tripping, while buzzed, with animals, on a hike, at the gym, while deceivingly overwhelmed with something unimportant, in times of stress, in pain, in avoidance, in acceptance, while feeling low and while feeling ecstatic.

I feel the beauty in the relationship of the parts to the whole, in the being, and it brings me gut wrenching, intuitive, peace and happiness.

The rain drop, the city scape and I... We were all eternal, together. We were spontaneously creating uniformity out of precise chaos. We were filling our niche in the moment, and I noticed.

However I also noticed that lt was just a moment, and I felt a pull towards something more. Our combined niches felt like the drops accumulating towards a puddle, towards a lake, or an ocean, or a flood. 

My questions to all of you now elude to the idea of the niche.

Is the niche something a thing fills in a single moment, or is it an eternal purpose? Is it just the drop or is it going to be the puddle? 

Why do some niches feel more powerful than others? What is that? Why are there drops, oceans, waves, and floods? 

Can you intuitively know if you are not "correctly" filling your specific niche to the whole? Can you feel the energy of a tsunami? 

Does it matter if the drops turn into an ocean or a flood, or a tsunami? Is there a difference? Do they fill different niches? 

Discuss ?❤???

Edited by TheUniverseIsLove

I think your niche is something that has serious drawing power on you, something that you were destined to do. We're not blank slates, we have a history, a make up and are drawn to certain things. Fundamentally the world is unbiased, but no matter how hard we try, we will always be biased, the world has things in it that are close to our heart, that matter to us in ways other things just don't.

Personally, I haven't found my niche, but I can feel very deeply the things that matter most to me, that define me as who I am and that connection is always emotional. The most powerful of phrasing of niches, I personally found in Robert Greene's Mastery. Here are some examples:

-a fascination with invisible forces that governed the universe (Einstein)

-The sensation of creating and animating life

-Giving a voice to powerful emotions

All these people fulfilled their niche in a certain way by being a physicist, a film director, or a jazz musician for the previous examples respectively. They had a certain hook in life, a connection with some aspect of it. If you feel deeply you can probably figure out yours too. It will have a drawing power, like you know how and what to be, a vision.

From David Deida's Way o/t Superior Man, I learned that people can go through multiple purposes and niches. When you pursue the depths of yourself in this way for a few years, you will sense a change, different things will catch your interest. You have effectively broken through your purpose and can shed it like old skin, and you will have to look in the depths of yourself again to figure out a new niche/purpose in life.

I think this is why some people are much more advanced than others, a life lived pursuing the depths of yourself both on the spiritual path and in the world (life-purpose), transforms you. The deeper the path, the greater the transformation.

It is easy to tell when people are living from the heart and when they are not, everybody has their tsunami, often it's hiding just below sea level.

Edited by randomguy123
rewriting of some things

+1 

David Deida is incredible. I am focusing 110℅ of my efforts and faculties towards purpose in 2020. I am learning that, even as a minimalist and any niche that provides resources will sufficiently free me. Tripping out is huge for me. Its ego decimated. Its gratitude and terrifying but necessary. Its freeing. I am searching ATM. I had a trip once again and I was viewing this world again through child-like eyes. I was curious and in awe watching a lightning strike. Another time, I came in contact with what Carl Jung calls the shadow. Six hours there in shadow work got dark. It was a reunion of death and a lot of stuff that was repressed came up. I remember putting on a yogi meditation track. The sun was so bright I could feel the heat. I also ran into a ex which wasn't helping my setting. 

I am at that place where I will lean past and into my edge. Its terrifying but the alternative is mediocrity. It is freeing. 

When I get to where I am going, i am coming back for The others. 

Edited by Meetjoeblack