TheAvatarState

Be the Miracle!

6 posts in this topic

I know this is a semi-shitpost, but I just realized something that's too funny not to share. 

In Leo's latest blog post, he shared insights from his latest and deepest trip. It was about existence itself being the greatest miracle. He's right, and it's a wonderful way to look at life!

But Ii got me thinking... some of you may remember a movie that came out in 2003 called Bruce Almighty starring Jim Carrey (who has since had many awakenings and is considered a lunatic by most of Hollywood). In the movie, God (played by Morgan Freeman of all people!) grants Bruce His God powers for a day. It's a great comedy with an even better message: in the end, it comes down to the individual to "Be the miracle!" because we really do have the power. As one of my favorite comedies growing up, something about it really stuck with me, and now I understand why. It's easy to gloss over this as just some lighthearted feel-good movie, but looking back there's so much more. Leo, if you haven't seen it yet, you really might get a kick out of it. :)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState yeah...i have to go back and watch that again.  But yeah, the word that came to mind over and over again when i had my awakenings was simply - its a miracle.  Its a miracle on so many levels.   And you are the miracle.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 yes, the original miracle, which make all other minor miracles possible. How the fuck are we here? Why is there something rather than nothing? It just IS! And why are we so self-centered and myopic to take something that fundamental, and that mystical, for granted all day long?? It's wild....

Sent from my iEgo

one of my favorite comedies growing up as well xD

b-e-a-utiful message indeed! 

@TheAvatarState I thoroughly laughed my ass off during this movie xD

On a serious note, I agree. Realizing the pure magic of existence is quite the experience. 

2 hours ago, DrewNows said:

one of my favorite comedies growing up as well xD

b-e-a-utiful message indeed! 

*When you're feeling down at the beginning of the Path*

"God has taken my bird and my bush! SMITE ME OH MIGHTY SMITEERRRRR!!!"

Sent from my iEgo