Rasheed

Content vs. Structure; Conor McGregor's Example.

12 posts in this topic

McGregor's words about structure begins at 5:45

When I was watching Leo's recent video where he talked about going meta; he said that reason why big companies succeed is because of structure. Moment he said that, it reminded me of this.

I found great example of Structure in Conor McGregor, two-division UFC Champion.

I watched his interview in Russia, day it came out. His words about structure really inspired and helped me. At that time I did not knew anything about going meta, content, and structure. I was basically absorbed in the content of everything. Thanks to Leo, I am detaching from it.
  At the time, I applied Conor's advise. Basically, I structured my life and it completely changed my life for the better.

Only after watching Leo's video, I connected the dots and understood, why this worked out for me. Profound!

I wanted to share this because this realization came to while watchig Leo's video. Hopefully, someone else will also benefit from Conor's words like I did.
  Just wanted to share. Hope it helps. Hope it inspires you like it inspired me. 

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Leo was pointing at something deeper than what Connor is alluding to when he says he is "structuring" his training routine to build his body up. The word structure is being used differently. Like a basic self-help structure vs. reading between the lines becoming conscious of something higher structure. Connor isn't going meta by any means that I'm aware of, especially when you think of all the ignorant antics and highly materialistic stage orange lifestyle. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

48 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Leo was pointing at something deeper than what Connor is alluding to when he says he is "structuring" his training routine to build his body up. The word structure is being used differently. Like a basic self-help structure vs. reading between the lines becoming conscious of something higher structure. Connor isn't going meta by any means that I'm aware of, especially when you think of all the ignorant antics and highly materialistic stage orange lifestyle. 

I agree. What you say makes sense. This was not about hinm going meta but it just reminded this and I wanted to share. His words helped me out in my life.

Also, we can't call Conor ignorant. Maybe he is stage orange or whatever but, just think, this guy did probably impossible: He went from a plumber to two division champion as Irish. Irish did not even fight in UFC, let alone two division champion. He went from 500 dollar fights to 100 million dollar fights in 5 years...That's inspiring for me.

I am not saying that he is perfect but I don't look at him that critically. I do not really care. I just found his story to be very inspiring.

Also, he talked about law of attraction. Materialistic people don't speak about that...

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

53 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

I agree. What you say makes sense. This was not about hinm going meta but it just reminded this and I wanted to share. His words helped me out in my life.

Also, we can't call Conor ignorant. Maybe he is stage orange or whatever but, just think, this guy did probably impossible: He went from a plumber to two division champion as Irish. Irish did not even fight in UFC, let alone two division champion. He went from 500 dollar fights to 100 million dollar fights in 5 years...That's inspiring for me.

I am not saying that he is perfect but I don't look at him that critically. I do not really care. I just found his story to be very inspiring.

Also, he talked about law of attraction. Materialistic people don't speak about that...

Don’t confuse outward success in his career with inner consciousness/growth though. You can be the best fighter and make tons of money getting better gigs and publicity but is unrelated to being conscious. You could be the most ignorant person and meet such criteria.

See Leos video: Fake growth vs real growth

I don’t dislike Connor or anything like that, I find him quite funny and entertaining. When I’m saying hes ignorant/low consciousness I am just trying to state it like a fact. In the same way stating Trump is low consciousness. Not putting them on the same level, there is a spectrum of ignorance but Mcgregor has a massive ego, which seems like its gotten him everything but is he truly happy on the inside? 

I see plenty of materialistic people speaking of law of attraction man. The ego can take a spiritual concept like that and apply it strictly to material success if it wants.

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

On a side note I would say Law of Attraction is the most widely adopted/popular spiritual concept in stage orange. If not tell me what is. 

@TrynaBeTurquoise In my opinion, Conor could not get to where he is by pure ego. Just think about it:

His ego was that he was a plumber. His image was that. He probably transcended that and then changed it to a self-image of an UFC Champion. 

That requires disent level of consciousness. 

In my opinion, there are levels to law of attraction. Most people manifest from ego and create lot of resistance. That's just how things go. 

Conor was so confident in every one of his fights, I don't know if he did that...What do you think?

Its more complex than that, again success has nothing to do with consciousness. A rags to riches story has little to do with consciousness. Believing in oneself and hustling to achieve success can still be extremely myopic and narrow minded and often is the majority of the time. 

If he is inspiring to you, Im not trying to take that away. He has positive qualities, I was just saying he isn’t going meta, his values and behavior says more of his level of consciousness than his material success or fame.

@Rasheed There's a very big gap between structuring your life (something that you need prior to consciousness work) and the structure of consciousness (aka conscious level). In fact how you structure your life is content /filling only to what your consciousness allows. So there's a very big difference. 

This does not undermine the words of Conor, they are just not applicable. 

@TrynaBeTurquoise it makes sense what you say but I just cannot call Conor myopic. What he did, could not have been done without long term thinking. Myopic person would jot been able to accomplish as much as Conor did. 

I agree that success level does not equal consciousness level. 

@Ero I agree but I shared shared not because Conor's word was directly applicable to Leo's video. I shared it because it reminded me of this and his words really changed my life, that's why I shared it. 

I don't think McGregor has low consciousness or high ego. He clearly knows what he is doing most of the time. 

The only few times he went overboard was with Khabib but it was all for show business but Khabib doesn't get it. 

Edited by hyruga

2 hours ago, hyruga said:

I don't think McGregor has low consciousness or high ego. He clearly knows what he is doing most of the time. 

The only few times he went overboard was with Khabib but it was all for show business but Khabib doesn't get it. 

Discipline. Focus. Dedication. He talks the talk and walks the walk.