Primeval

Enlightened! What's Next?

55 posts in this topic

What do you see yourself doing once Enlightened? Sitting on a cushion the rest of your life? Sitting on a cushion and teaching others the rest of your life?

Before Enlightenment, chop wood carry water. After Enlightenment, chop wood carry water.

But who among us chops wood and or carries water?

What will you do with yourself...

...once Enlightened?

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

@Jani You deserve 10,000 reputation points for that!

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

3 hours ago, Lha Bho said:

What do you see yourself doing once Enlightened? Sitting on a cushion the rest of your life? Sitting on a cushion and teaching others the rest of your life?

Before Enlightenment, chop wood carry water. After Enlightenment, chop wood carry water.

But who among us chops wood and or carries water?

...once Enlightened?

I will enjoy life.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

start clipping the toenails of your fingers... Weird stuff

@Emerald Wilkins  Implying you don't enjoy life until Enlightened?

1 hour ago, Makis said:

I am not a Christian, but I love this Jesus quote: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." :)

This suggests living in the NOW. What does an Enlightened Person do with themselves NOW? I like the quote though :)

5 hours ago, Lha Bho said:

There's nothing YOU can do cause there is NO SELF to do it with/for/to... 

Now once you experienced THAT, you stop engaging in the drama and stop projecting into the future. You just live whatever comes. Choosing still arises, but it is like choosing a game from a drawer full of games. You know you're not going to become millionaire or own houses and hotels and make others go bankrupt by playing Monopoly, but you might still enjoy playing it for a while. Then attention goes to another game, and so on. 

The seriousness of engagement with what you once thought was so important, fades and dissipates. There is no you doing anything at all. Life plays itself through a mind and a body... Nothing of what you now think is true is actually real. Like Monopoly.

All that being said, it is very difficult - if not impossible to understand this, even intellectually, from the "person's" (egoic) position, because a person cannot have trust in life - it will always fear collapse of some sort and react against or resist whatever is feared. 

I'd also add that this is such a typical mentality for our society right now... get yourself enlightened and then pass on to the next bullet point LOL. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ayla Chop Wood Carry Water?

I hate to be brushed aside as someone who doesn't understand and patronized as a typical ego mental person. 

I'm just simply asking the forum to brainstorm on what an Enlightened Lifestyle looks like.

Are all Enlightened persons fated to become teachers and or sit around blissed out to the end of their days?

Edited by Lha Bho
Because Dragons

I'm going to start my own cult!

...Am I allowed to say that?:/

Just now, Mal said:

I'm going to start my own cult!

...Am I allowed to say that?:/

Sure, as long as you aren't joking and that's what you see yourself doing!

I hate to be brushed aside as someone who doesn't understand and patronized as a typical ego mental person. 

I'm just simply asking the forum to brainstorm on what an Enlightened Lifestyle looks like.

Are all Enlightened persons fated to become teachers and or sit around blissed out to the end of their days?

Is not the ideal to become practical in a functioning human society?

Let me phrase this another way: If everyone were Enlightened, then what would society look like?

3 minutes ago, Lha Bho said:

I like this, because the people who do that to you are not enlightened.  They are actually stuck in the absolute. 

Enlightenment is just one perspective on life. I hope to still have an ego and have full access to it because without an ego in this society, they are the crazy ones. 

Integral spirituality is the future.

@Mal I don't think Ego is as a tumor is to the body, I.E. something to be surgically removed through this or that meditation technique. It's closer to what Jungian Psychology calls the Shadow. And furthermore, when we accept those parts of ourselves that we have been conditioned to ignore, shun, deny, etc... that acceptance brings a greater Gnosis of Self.

It is the act of shining light into the darkness that brings awareness of what is in this dark night.

Edited by Lha Bho
Because Dragons

12 minutes ago, Lha Bho said:

If everyone were Enlightened, then what would society look like?

Like this one, without the suffering. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

2 minutes ago, Ayla said:

Like this one, without the suffering. 

That doesn't say much next to anything, would please you expand on what you envision?

E.G. Would there be McDonald's...? Factory Farming... ? Slave Wage Labor in 3rd World Countries...?

Would there be Commercials selling Consumerism via Capitalistic Greed? Let alone television showing all kinds of shit meant for "Entertainment"? 

If Everyone were Enlightened, then what would society look like?

I'm just asking.

@Lha Bho

How would I know? Or anyone else? And why? 

Maybe whole planet would disappear as it was its purpose to get everyone to see through NO SELF and then BOOM :)

Leo's videos are quite good at explaining that whatever you resist or moralize or judge, will persist. Now from that point of view, without resistance, none of what was once resisted will have its purpose and disappear... probably, or not. 

Who knows these things? Life lives itself moment by moment so those are not concerns to a new society of enlightened people, because... there would be nobody there that could ever die, disappear or be hurt. 

Inspiration about what you'd like to do after seeing THAT may come at any moment and may change at any moment. Like the wind or the wave. Do you think LIFE values more a bee than a flower? A waiter than a musician? 

It doesn't work like that. Life just flows. Like a river. Is a river hurt by a rock in its path? or a tree falling after a storm? It is just being shaped continuously. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ayla So McDonald's and Factory Farming and Child Slave Wage Labour is valued as a Bee to the Flower?

I think not.

This video might help you with that type of question. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com