Deanna

Who really understands who claims to..

25 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Lento said:

I think if someone is having trouble accepting other perspectives to be true besides their own, then that might be a huge sign of being brainwashed.

I don't think one should necessarily agree with other perspectives or other people's ways of thinking and living. I do think, though, that not being able to interact properly with them is a problem and should be looked into.

But, there is something unique here. We, spiritual and self-actualizing people should be the ones who are accepting of the others, not the other way around. We claim to be more educated and open-minded, so it's our job to live up to that.

I'm not sure about that being a sign of brainwashing but it could be the ego coming in.  

I agree that we need to be accepting of others regardless - because everyone is at different stages of development.  This is part of moving up the spiral in SD - you incorporate the stages below once you reach yellow and  beyond.  You don't judge or criticize earlier stages as those stages are a part of you.

There is a passion when someone awakens to teach and show the light to others but there is a fine line and a balance must be struck.  One must realize you cannot enlighten someone else because they have to discover it for themselves.  So all we can do is point at it for them if they want to hear it.

@Deanna have you become directly conscious via mystical experience of the Absolute or is it concept that you resonate with and grasp at an intellectual level but have not had any awakenings per say? Because in this work you want to be careful not to take what is being pointed to as a belief.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

46 minutes ago, Lento said:

I think if someone is having trouble accepting other perspectives to be true besides their own, then that might be a huge sign of being brainwashed.

I don't think one should necessarily agree with other perspectives or other people's ways of thinking and living. I do think, though, that not being able to interact properly with them is a problem and should be looked into.

But, there is something unique here. We, spiritual and self-actualizing people should be the ones who are accepting of the others, not the other way around. We claim to be more educated and open-minded, so it's our job to live up to that.

You are absolutely correct! I don’t feel like I’m brainwashed though. Maybe obsessing over the fact that it all makes sense. The ONLY reason I’ve listen to so many of his podcasts is because I remember being nothing. It was like a bubble of love and peace with no sense of time or anything. I’ve been trying to make sense of it for 20 years and what Leo describes is that feeling I had! it brings me to tears the way he talks about it all. He talks about needing years of spiritual work to understand but it’s something I’ve always carried in this life but not ever being able to put the prices together until now. Do I sound brainwashed?

36 minutes ago, Deanna said:

You are absolutely correct! I don’t feel like I’m brainwashed though. Maybe obsessing over the fact that it all makes sense. The ONLY reason I’ve listen to so many of his podcasts is because I remember being nothing. It was like a bubble of love and peace with no sense of time or anything. I’ve been trying to make sense of it for 20 years and what Leo describes is that feeling I had! it brings me to tears the way he talks about it all. He talks about needing years of spiritual work to understand but it’s something I’ve always carried in this life but not ever being able to put the prices together until now. Do I sound brainwashed?

Not to me...to me it sounds like a lifetime in the making :) you don't always need years of spiritual work when you have been doing it all along and just didn't know it :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Deanna

I can relate. I know what you're talking about because I've felt when I was listening to this on headphones. I did it twice and entered a very deep state which felt like pure nothing. I even felt like an embryo or a sperm even though I don't remember how that's like at the moment. The concept of being brainwashed came to mind as I was listening.

I'm not saying you're brainwashed, in fact, you seem really aware of everything you're doing. I just wanted to entertain a thought.

Others have given really good advice here, so I don't think I will be of much help. Just take care of yourself and your family ?

4 hours ago, Deanna said:

Do you feel like this guy? ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi