abrakamowse

There's Nothing You Can Do To Become Enlightened?

26 posts in this topic

What are your ideas about how to become enlightened?

What do you think about this video?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

There's also nothing you can do to win an Olympic gold medal, or to make a million dollars, or to touch the tip of your nose with your index finger.

So keep it in perspective.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Bullshit! And this guys teacher(Papaji) did Japa meditation for 7 hours before work and meditated even more after his work. He also became one of these "there is nothing you can do", "you are already enlightend" etc. guys.

Meditate for a few thousand hours and see what you have to say about it. Technically there wasn't a "you" doing all this stuff from their point of view but that dosn't help you for shit...

Hallå

You will not become enlightened through your ego's perseverance, doesn't mean it can't aid.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There's also nothing you can do to win an Olympic gold medal, or to make a million dollars, or to touch the tip of your nose with your index finger.

So keep it in perspective.

@Leo Gura and @Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj watch the video, if I didn't understand wrong he says the contrary. He's against those who teach "you can't do nothing".

When he talk about us or you... he talks about consciousness. He says we are consciousness.

Another thing is I think the approach, if you meditate just because of the act of meditate, that's the true spirit of zazen.
Maybe I am mixing things, but I am looking for my way... IDK.

Any ideas?

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

1 hour ago, Kenya said:

You will not become enlightened through your ego's perseverance, doesn't mean it can't aid.

That's why he says we can do something about it, we are consciousness. If "you" is consciousness, you can do it.
:D

Edited by abrakamowse

I want to discuss, I am not saying this is it, or this is not it... I want to share and know opinions and different points of view.

www.wildmind.org/blogs/on-practice/with-no-effort-or-practice-whatsoever-enlightenment-is-here

"This is no path. But only a fool doesn't walk it."

That's my favorite response to this topic.

Yes, there is no you. And yes, there is no way. But there is still a lot of work to be done, and if "you" don't do it, "you'll" stay ignorant.

47 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

"This is no path. But only a fool doesn't walk it."

That's my favorite response to this topic.

Yes, there is no you. And yes, there is no way. But there is still a lot of work to be done, and if "you" don't do it, "you'll" stay ignorant.

I agree Leo, I think my problem is the attitude. I am always meditating trying to get something out of it. I thinking I am going to meditate in true meditation trying to feel the now.

Like the correct attitude to do zazen.

Today, when I was in the kitchen I was doing my breakfast and my mind was completely empty for the first time. And I felt that while my body was doing everything, I was quiet. Very weird but really happy about the experience.
:-)

@abrakamowse Yes, sometimes it's helpful to just sit in silence and not try to do anything, not try to analyze, not to to inquire, but just sit and enjoy the moment. Too much inquiry can leave you stuck in your mind.

Enlightenment usually comes in a totally relaxed state, when you aren't trying. But that is only possible after 100s of hours of failed straining. The failed straining is necessary for most people. That's what creates the ultimate surrender. You cannot fake the surrender. It has to come from utter failure.

@Leo Gura  Thanks!!! I will keep meditating as usual, I just didn't want to keep in a "comfortable spot" and don't grow spiritually. Thanks again!

Does anyone have the urges to pig the fuck out after an hour or so of meditation on unhealthy food. It happens to me quite a lot recently. I used to love pigging out when I was a kid and these urges have started again, i dont resist them just acknowledging my chimp side is hungaarrry

Edited by Huz88

@Huz88  Lol...

Well, it doesn't happen to me after meditation, but I have the problem that I begin eating a bag of cookies and until I don't finish it I can't stop Lol

hahaha

@Huz88  Thanks!!! I will check that!! Cool

^_^

i would read the book. Its short but jam packed full of wisdom!!

12 minutes ago, Huz88 said:

i would read the book. Its short but jam packed full of wisdom!!

Cool, yeah. I like to read. I will search about him and his books. Nice.

Thanks!

@Leo Gura Out of context of this topic but are you in the midst of creating a new course??