Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rasheed

Legs Up To The Wall?

11 posts in this topic

Is it good to put legs up to the wall after working out?

Guys, what's your experience with that?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Any inversion exercises will stimulate the parasympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous system (calmness & relaxation) so in that sense, it can be helpful to reduce your heart rate and relax the muscles. 

If you are able, headstands against the wall will be better than just leaning legs but anything should do the trick :)  Bridges are great as well. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Thanks. 

In my experience, it positively impacts veins. 

Can it reduce lactic? Soreness? 

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

26 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

Can it reduce lactic? Soreness? 

Hard to say...possibly. Our bodies have mechanisms for coping with both. Lactate gets shunned back into liver eventually and soreness is the healing mechanism for the micro-damage in muscle tissue that has been put under stress. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

9 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Hard to say...possibly. Our bodies have mechanisms for coping with both. Lactate gets shunned back into liver eventually and soreness is the healing mechanism for the micro-damage in muscle tissue that has been put under stress. 

Thanks. 

I don't usually use a wall. I do it as a form of Yoga-asana called Sarvangasana. I was unable to do it when I was slightly overweight, but once I started exercising, it has become really easy. The key to doing this is to flush your kidneys. The kidneys are shaped in such a way that the bottom part remains unflushed when we are standing or sitting or even sleeping. And that is where all the salts get deposited to form kidney stones. Once you raise your legs and lower back up, straight up, the gravity works to empty this part of any residue lying there. Feels really good on the back and neck too. 

I imagine it helps with blood and lymph stagnation and toxin build up in the legs which will greatly increase muscle soreness and sensitivity to acid build up from exercise 

Guys, how long do you hold the pose?

1 hour ago, Rasheed said:

Guys, how long do you hold the pose?

Around 10 seconds more or less. It starts getting really uncomfortable and painful further. Though it maybe a question of practice. 

23 hours ago, rNOW said:

Around 10 seconds more or less. It starts getting really uncomfortable and painful further. Though it maybe a question of practice. 

I saw a video advising 5 minutes...That's too much?

This is a natural pose we do as children and also taught in yoga. I remember as a child i would do this pose for 10 - 15 minutes and just enjoy the experience. I was doing yoga moves without knowing and i guess that's where many techniques come from, what we naturally did as a child, as practitioners become masters, the remember the infinite abilities of the inner-child.

The power of being :)

B R E A T H E