WisdomSeeker

Intrinsic Sustainable Motivation

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any successful tips/stories in transitioning from being motivated by fear and material reward, to being motivated by an intrinsic inspiration? I am working toward the most inspiring thing I can think of right now. But because all of this is so new and I've spent like 20 years being motivated out of fear, this really is one of the hardest things I've ever had to learn. It's like my Achilles heal.  I know this will not be over night, but I need to start bringing money in again and I'm also thinking I have to revert back to being motivated neurotically, until I can figure out how to motivate myself in a healthy intrinsic way not out of fear.  Bills don't get paid standing still. 

negative motivation is not the right motivation at all. find your burning passions and work towards it, the side effect of it will be "money"

have you found your life passion?

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Cultivate a strong vision for what you are doing. Create a vision board and use it as a reminder for why you are doing what you are doing. It should evoke strong positive emotions in you when you see it. Then use that energy to take action on the next important thing. 

Also, understanding the process of what a true success journey looks like, will keep your mental game strong. Look up Leo's videos on mastery and the heroes journey :)