TheSomeBody

choosing ear plugs for sleeping

6 posts in this topic

i really want to buy ear plugs but the market is so confusing.

i want  something that i can use for a long time, super quiet and super confortable.  i dont care about the price...

should i get a custom one? what custom one provides you with?

Edited by TheSomeBody

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

Wax ones. I use them some times. The key for me is to hold them in your hands for.up to 10mins before you mould them into your ear. They need to be soft and the heat softens them. You need to pull them out very slowly after that as to not cause too much suction in the ear canal. 

I use these 

(Link removed by moderator)

Edited by Anna1
Product linking to Amazon

@Bill W

here's a pic of the product-

20191124_205740.jpg

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Some of the silicon ones are pretty neat. You have to heat them up a little and they fill your ear canal without causing a lot of discomfort. I find plastic ones hard when you sleep on your side. There are also the foamy ones that are single-use but they are very un-ecological in my opinion and these products shouldn't be sold. 

Best to always read reviews before you buy. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

19 hours ago, Bill W said:

Wax ones. I use them some times. The key for me is to hold them in your hands for.up to 10mins before you mould them into your ear. They need to be soft and the heat softens them. You need to pull them out very slowly after that as to not cause too much suction in the ear canal. 

I use these 

(Link removed by moderator)

they are reusable?

how much noise they cancell?

8 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Some of the silicon ones are pretty neat. You have to heat them up a little and they fill your ear canal without causing a lot of discomfort. I find plastic ones hard when you sleep on your side. There are also the foamy ones that are single-use but they are very un-ecological in my opinion and these products shouldn't be sold. 

Best to always read reviews before you buy. 

i have read that you can reuse the foam of some brands/

1 hour ago, modmyth said:

I've tried pretty much everything that's easily available: wax, silicone, foam, these reusable ones (I don't remember what they were made out of.) I'm going to second wax earplugs too.

I've only tried this one brand, Ohropax: Classic

how was your experience with them?

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it