Charlotte

Seeing fear in another

3 posts in this topic

This person I know coaches a girls football team (life purpose). Thing is he has so much fear around the subject. 

Even when planning the training he gets full of anxiety, during training full of anxiety etc. 

He said his anxious reasons are because:

*If he doesn't follow through with his life purpose then he will realise his life has no meaning

*Scared of getting trapped into a slave wage job (if he doesn't get a concrete job doing his life purpose)

*Identity is wrapped into his life purpose

*Procrastinates so he doesn't progress and then possibly lead to failure

How would you advise someone with this? (He has just started microdosing ?)

To me it sounds like he has existential anxiety related meaning, survival and identity. My advise would depend on his orientation. Is he oriented toward personal development or awakening? If he is oriented toward personal development, I would recommend practices that reduce mind and body anxiety and introspection of personality dynamics. If he is oriented toward awakening, then improving his personal situation will not be top priority. To transcend the person, he could do strong doses of psychedelics, a meditation retreat, solo retreat etc.

Based on what you wrote, it sounds like underlying existential fears are arising yet he is still mostly oriented to seeking relief of the anxiety. To see if he resonates with seeking existential answers and transcendence, he could watch some nonduality videos. If his reaction is "That is interesting, yet how will it help me reduce my anxiety and improve my work habits?" - then he is more oriented toward PD. . . .If he resonates with nonduality he may have glimpses of deeper realizations he is attracted to. For example, a realization that he is identified with a personal story. 

@Serotoninluv Thank you so much for the reply, I've read it to him and he resonates. He said no matter what it takes he's gonna get to 'truth' so watch this space ?