Rayko

My Mind Is Refusing To Process The Implications Of New Information.

9 posts in this topic

I saw this video last night and I can't get my head to fully process the implications of the two parts of the brain acting without awareness of the other. Does this mean the nothingness we think we are is simply the other side of the brain? If so, does that completely undermine everything we have been learning with Leo as far as the nature of true self? And if that's true does it really matter as long as this stuff works anyways?  I feel like my brain is a spoiled kid that packed up his toys and left; refusing to play anymore.

Edited by Rayko

I saw that and a similar video that I posted on the board earlier today. I was thinking the same thing as you and it is really confusing. I also don't understand how the brain changes when the awareness is tapped into if it is not from the brain. Teachers have spoken of the higher consciousness taking over a large part of the thinking in a sense of feelings and not thoughts. Perhaps that is just opening up awareness to this silenced half of the mind.

Also, if one side sees everything as dualistic and the other sees everything as one, which one is perceiving correctly? 

No, you guys are misunderstanding enlightenment.

Enlightenment is NOT ANYTHING to do with sense perceptions, emotions, or thoughts! It doesn't even have anything to do with existence. It is prior to EXISTENCE!!! Prior to EXISTENCE!!! Really! Like REALLLY! Think about that!

You're still not grasping the GINORMOUS FUCKING SIGNIFICANCE of this!!! Nothing you've known or have EVER experienced is anything even close to correct.

This "truth" you're seeking -- whatever it is -- it transcends LIFE & DEATH! Think about it! Life and DEATH! How radical must this "thing" be if it is impossible to annihilate? Really! Like REALLLLY! Think about that! It was there prior to the Big Bang! 14 billion years!

Absolute Truth is not within the realm of existence. Which is why your mind will never grasp it. How do you grasp something that doesn't exist, doesn't not exist, and isn't a thing?

Everything you think you know, is wrong. Go DEEEEPER! Beyond the mind, beyond objects, beyond knowledge, beyond science, beyond religion, beyond humanness, beyond perceptions, beyond emotions, beyond brains, beyond space & time, beyond the beyond. Beyond everything. Until nothing remains.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I have had two experiences with what felt like movement  and a strange sensation in the past. Both had only occurred for under 5 minutes. When doing self enquiry the voice was saying that the voice can reference itself and then seemingly talk to itself like it was doing that very moment. The voice kept repeating that saying how the voice is always talking about itself when it doesn't know and then this movement happened. Following this (a few weeks have gone by now) my meditation has felt different and I've had desires to give up the search although I push through with 30 minutes of work on this a day. Everything since then just seems more complicated, almost like trying to "get back" has hindered my "progress".

Edit: my daily practices haven't changed but it's almost as if any desire I've had has diminished and even though I can notice my thoughts all throughout the day, it's almost like I'm going backwords with progress. 

Edited by Jakeumz

Go DEEPER!

Strange sensations are a dime a dozen in this work.

A sensation is just that, a sensation. It means no more than an itch on your nose.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Your post is making me laugh very hard right now. I see now that the focus on the sensation of whatever that internal movement was, is just another roadblock by the brain thinking that was a piece of enlightenment. I'm seriously cracking up right now. Thank you Leo!  ?

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It is prior to EXISTENCE!!! Prior to EXISTENCE!!! Really! Like REALLLY! Think about that!

...everything else is basically like layers of sediment covering the essence ... I am not enlightened but sometimes I feel like a baloon that is about to explode and leave all these perceptions and learned way of looking 

@Leo Gura

That is the most explicit way to point us in the right direction! 9_9

However, when moving towards the Nothingness, and becoming it, everything disappears. Yep! 

Struggling with wrapping my mind about the idea that Enlightenment vs Existence. Seems like paradox to me.

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

one of me is enough to deal with, i dont think im taking on a second silent me as well.