Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Strangeloop

Jokes vs Seriousness

3 posts in this topic

So this is a Duality that I've been noticing. Especially yesterday when I watched newest "Joker" movie. So jokes huh. People make serious statements and others laugh at their statements. So what does make a statement funny? Is it its seriousness?

For example the Joker laughed about death and killing people. It was funny to him but the other person said it's not funny. I sense relativism here. Also his statement "We determine what's funny and what's not funny" It's mindblowing really.

So I'm pretty sure I might be gay... Now the more I live the more I start to joke about it. For example I say to men as I am a Man: I wanted to touch your hand. And this creates laughter. For some reason.

I also spoke with my mother about me being gay and I was almost entering this state of desperation and crying then suddenly I laughed when I said: I'm crying like a gay person... what does it mean to be gay? Is it just fucking other guys when you are male as well or is it something more?

I'm laughing at most bizzare things. People hurt themselves in these "funny fail videos" and I laugh at it. Why do I laugh at all? What makes a thing serious? What makes a thing funny?

I sometimes want to cry I make this crying face and almost start sobbing when suddenly I start laughing like a crazy person. Why do I laugh at all?

Did anyone notice that we laugh at serious things?

I spent a day in the jungles of Belize with a jungle man. We went canoeing in his hand-made canoe. We capsized in the rapids and swam for our lives back to shore. We barley made it to shore before the next rapids ahead. . . . As I sat there, I realized I lost my shoes and cell phone. Then I realized my feet where in a fire ant nest and I was being bitten. As the burning sensation rushed through my body, I jumped up screaming and “dancing” as I frantically tried to get the fire ants off me. . . There was a moment of pause and the jungle man and I started laughing hysterically at the absurdity of it all. . . . It was a beautiful moment of transcendence.