Ayla

What Does It Mean To "resonate"?

14 posts in this topic

We hear a lot of "do you resonate with this idea/person"? 

What does it mean? Let's look into this a bit. 

As humans, we come here with a spectrum of resonance let's call it. Let's say we have 10 colored pencils as a default. 

Now as children, our parents show us which ones are "good" and "bad" from societal point of view, and within that range, which ones they prefer, and which ones you are allowed to use in that household (family, culture, time-frame, etc). 

As a boy, you learn mostly the blues, as a girl mostly the reds. (generalization for the purpose of understanding). 

Most of us end up with 2-3 colored pencils by the time we are "adults". 

When we see outside something in the range of colors that we are using - we say we resonate. Everything else, is "bad", "false", or "unacceptable". 

Can you see the implications of this? Anything that is out of your range of perception will not resonate with you even if it is the best idea, solution, or person in the world. You simply cannot see it as such. 

This is where personal development intervenes: opening you up to "other colors" !! 

Please, no book or sages quotes! Only direct experiences and opinions on my posts!!

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

i was thinking about that days ago. we're taught these bizarre judgements about reality and just take them in as part of our knoledge graph. later in life when life shows up in the form of the obscenity we were taught to judge we do our best to push it away, to deny it - even if it feels good. the confusion seems to be that it is not the event or thing that feels bad, but rather our judgement of it, and in actively avoiding feeling bad by controling outside circumstances what we are actualy doing is protecting and perpetuating our judgements.

every ideology covers up for some obscenity. what we don't know is that the obscenity isn't inherent to reality, but rather to the ideology.

luckly though, the veneer of an ideology is so thin that you can resonate with something considered obscene by your knoledge graph, it just takes being open to new information

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

also, i noticed that this urge to 'not go there', where our map of reality doesn't seem to handle the truth, bleeds into existential matters. and this really stunts our development, holding us from exploring anything beyond what we were told is true

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

That "resonation" is the chemistry a given internalization you already have inside you is having with an associative, external stimulus. In the case your using, it's an attractive chemistry, which causes that feeling of resonation. Like, responding to like. 

There are a range of attractive or accepting feelings that come from that spectrum of internalization chemistry, just like there are a range of repulsive or rejecting feelings that come from the other side of that spectrum of internalization chemistry.

Resonance and dissonance.

I have a lot of capability and connection with my internalization system, so I can add nuance and context-specific internalizations on top of previously held beliefs, regardless of the initial chemistry, which gives me the ability to choose what I internalize and the depth of inter-connective information it also codes into my automated systems.

I have noticed that I come in and out of resonance with particular spiritual teachers. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Based on my understanding, "resonate" means to be able to empathise and feel in the almost same way. For instance, if I just described my experience and feelings about my recent heartbreak (hypothetical) and you say that you resonate with it, it means that you have experienced a heartbreak and felt in a similar way. But similarity is a relative concept and there may be instances where people do not use the word as accurately as it should be. This is purely my opinion and it may not be the definitely correct so do feel free to correct me (:

@Emerald Wilkins , of course. They are there to "lift you" up to one point. The secret is that there's nobody else but you to find the answer. No matter how much information you find out there, it serves for nothing at all until you really are ready to take the time and "look".  Seriously look. 

And for real looking, you need to be "fluid" and "open" so that you can "resonate" with the wides spectrum of what is. The moste "solid" you are, the more you have fixed ideas and concepts and the less you resonate...

and when you truly begin to resonate with what is, you realize that...you are no different from it. You are it. 

:)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

13 minutes ago, Ayla said:

when you truly begin to resonate with what is, you realize that...you are no different from it. You are it. 

Resonate is a more recent use of the word of "vibe".  Meaning connecting on a much deeper level than the gross. An underling vibration of sorts. "I can dig that vibe" has become " I resonate with that".   What is "It" that we resonate and are one with? Maybe light energy in a completely different spectrum than what is perceived by the eye. Light energy resonating itself into matter and the field of  awareness? Could everything be a field of light?

Just now, cetus56 said:

Resonate is a more recent use of the word of "vibe".  Meaning connecting on a much deeper level than the gross. An underling vibration of sorts. "I can dig that vibe" has become " I resonate with that".   What is "It" that we resonate and are one with? Maybe light energy in a completely different spectrum than what is perceived by the eye. Light energy resonating itself into matter and the field of  awareness? Could everything be a field of light?

How would one know? And why? :-)

but yes, we can imagine and invent and... still, all it matters is that somehow, we know that we are. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Ayla We are radiant

So dull and opaque is "bad" ? :D 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

•  @Ayla  I'm back to dull and opaque self again. It's not too bad, just O.K. :D   For a moment there it was nothing but pure light energy, than it slowed down and became vibrations and resonations and they settled down and became material matter/existence that we are as a body/mind.

Just now, cetus56 said:
  •  @Ayla  I'm back to dull and opaque self again. It's not too bad, just O.K. :D   For a moment there it was nothing but pure light energy, than it slowed down and became vibrations and resonations and they settled down and became material matter/existence that we are as a body/mind.

Is that OK for you? Can you accept that as your reality? Or it has to be bad... and if so, why? For whom? In what circumstances? 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

29 minutes ago, Ayla said:

Is that OK for you? Can you accept that as your reality? Or it has to be bad... and if so, why? For whom? In what circumstances? 

@Ayla Pure white light is composed of all the colors. We can see them individually, reds blues, yellows, or as a whole.