Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dylan Page

Confused about LP and its relationship with meaning/desire

4 posts in this topic

The consensus about meaning is that is either doesn’t exist, exists in some kind of illusory way, and/or is generally a bad thing relative to “being”. Desire is walks people around like dogs and creates suffering. But then also Leo has a life purpose course. I’m kinda confused. What should I do with my life? Literally nothing or have an LP or hedonism or what? The answer of “whatever you want” is also not going to make sense because A) I don’t know what I want. And B) desire = suffering

https://www.actualized.org/insights/profound-quotes-016

That is the paradox of life. All meaning is imaginary, so what kind of meaning do you want to imagine? If you don't imagine consciously, you will imagine unconsciously. Not imagining is not an option. You are going to imagine something. You are going to create something. So what do you want to create?

Life purpose and detachment are not opposites, they go hand in hand.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

At the end of the day, the reality you live is what it is. Gaining understanding of it changes the dynamics between "you", your identity, your wants and needs. This understanding affects your "whys" and allows you to strive for things for the "better" reasons, let's just say "for the hell of it" or "because you can" rather than because you have to in order to achieve happiness. 

With said understanding you can find the happiness you are looking for right where you are, it is right here and right now. It is just a matter of learning to see in a new way. 

Once you do that your desires, want and needs have changed. They do no longer own you but that does not mean you cannot own them. The world is your playground and you can do whatever you want. 

If you still want to fill your illusion of existence with something particular, you can. It is not likely to be a materialistic drive or hunger for power, those things start seeming alien to you. That does not mean you have to feel "meaningless" and go live and meditate in a cave or something lile that. 

It is interesting to see how many people are scared to "let go", fear of losing something kicks in. But what if all you loose is your limitations? They will not be missed. 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

There are authentic desires, not all are egoic. Motives are what need to be examined. Love, joy, creativity, fulfillment, and curiosity come to mind.

Edited by ivory