syhoang

Should I (and you) trust totally in something?

5 posts in this topic

Hello Actualizers!

I am 21 years old and really confuse about what should I do and how to build my foundations for self-development.

It's been a long time I contemplate and thinking about the question as I mentioned in this thread. For my confusion, I heard Leo said that we shouldn't cling to anything, only clinging to God in video "Aztec Philosophy".

But, if I don't cling to anything, I would do absolutely nothing because I don't see any guidance and don't have confident to lead the path.

Steve Jobs once said in his Commencement Speak that: "You should trust in something, karma, your guts, etc. whatever to have confident to follow your heart and believing the dots will connect somehow."

For that much confusion, I am trying to trust in Teotl (God) in order to have confident to follow my heart.

Should I (and you) trust totally in something like Teotl?

Much appreciate for your answers!

In my opinion, you should have something like that. In my experience, this is more about self-esteem than it is about believing some crazy shit. It's more like you believe in yourself and your ability to do stuff and that the universe will ultimately optimize for greater good

Yes, we are always trusting. A fulfilling life demands trust, as most things require some form of a 'leap of faith'. But it is important to not use trust as a means to absolve taking responsibility in your life. You need to use your assertiveness and resourcefulness to verify when there is a lot at stake. When to trust and when to verify is a fine line that takes wisdom to discern. 

A saying that my friends and I use a lot is to 'trust the process'. It is more used to help us push through uncomfortable times on our journey to reach personal goals. 

• Looking in the mirror and not seeing any fat loss after 2 weeks of dieting. Trust the process.
  • Working 5 hours everyday on your business and wondering if it is all worth it. Trust the process.
  • Doing stretches every morning for 10 minutes and frustrated if its working or not. Trust the process.

You need to believe in 'something' to push yourself when the going gets tough. Be it karma, God, or 'the process'. All require a leap of faith, a belief that the universe will reward you for your efforts, and that it will be totally worth it. 

7 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

7 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

t's more like you believe in yourself and your ability to do stuff and that the universe will ultimately optimize for greater good

@Hello from Russia I think believe in myself would touch reality nearer than trust. Thanks for your opinion!

6 hours ago, Knock said:

When to trust and when to verify is a fine line that takes wisdom to discern.

@Knock As you are saying, we should have the act of balance between trust and verify when it's needed.

6 hours ago, Knock said:

You need to believe in 'something' to push yourself when the going gets tough. Be it karma, God, or 'the process'. All require a leap of faith, a belief that the universe will reward you for your efforts, and that it will be totally worth it. 

@Knock I will remember "a leap of faith" and "trust and enjoy the process" when things going to get tough. Thanks for your opinion!